Ch. 35

Hermione's POV

The only instructions that Pansy and Ginny had given me for tonight were to style my hair any glamorous way I wanted and to wear the beautiful white dress that Pansy had designed herself for me. With my request to not have the typical "bachelorette party" sash as I thought it was a bit much for myself, Pansy had decided that I could still stand out in a very pretty white dress while the rest of them wore black dresses. Considering how Pansy had designed my dress, I was curious to see what the rest of the group would be wearing tonight.

 Considering how Pansy had designed my dress, I was curious to see what the rest of the group would be wearing tonight

Hermione's dress ^^^

Orion was watching me curiously from the bathroom counter as I got ready, as if he knew I was going out tonight. He'd chirp every now and then, tilting his head questioningly; he had gotten used to joining me at the office a couple times a week as I gave up stopping him when he snuck himself in anyway too many times.

"As sure as I am that the girls would all be delighted to see you," I started with a laugh. "I don't think it's a good idea for you to come with me tonight; don't want you getting lost or taken by someone."

His ear flicked and I laughed again, giving him a quick scritch behind the ears before stepping back and looking myself over again. Draco had already left for Malfoy Manor where he was going to be having his stag party, though he did say that he and the others might go out as well; I told him I wouldn't mind at all if he did but he seemed adamant that they would have just as much fun simply drinking the night away and possibly having a mini quidditch game in the gardens.

"Alright, bud," I said with a sigh, smiling down at Orion. "I'll be back later tonight. You be good and hold down the fort, okay?"

He straightened up and I leaned down to give him a kiss on his head before walking into the bedroom and grabbing a small clutch. Draco had come up with a brilliant idea of me shrinking down my clutches to the size of about a fingernail and turning them into small bracelets so that I could still have everything I needed without having to worry about leaving home without something I needed or potentially losing anything; I was a little miffed that I didn't come up with the idea myself which Draco found absolutely amusing.

After securing the now shrunken clutch's chain around my wrist and making sure that my wand was attached to my thigh (a new design of Pansy's as well), I double-checked that I had everything before apparating away to the address Pansy had given me.