Ch. 5

Hermione's POV

"Thank you so much again for this, Harry."

"Stop thanking me, 'Mione," He laughed as we walked down the hallway together. "It was kind of my job."

"I can still show my appreciation," I said with a grin.

"Trust me, I don't want an unstable werewolf out on the loose either," He said. "I'm just glad we were able to finally get her."

"Me too," I sighed. "I just hope she's willing to let me help..."

We stopped just outside of a large set of metal doors that would lead us into the hall with the holding cells. A twinge of nervousness started to creep its way through my stomach and I tried to force it away with a deep breath, which unfortunately didn't work.

"Alright, I've got her in one of the first cells," Harry explained as he pulled his wand out to open the door. He paused before doing so and looked back at me with a concerned expression. "Are you sure you want to go in there alone? You know you won't be able to use magic once you're inside the cell with her."

I nodded and said, "She's most likely terrified right now, and I think seeing too many people, including one of the ones who brought her in, is going to tip her over the edge. I need to get a gauge for how unstable she is right now, but I think the offering of food and the Wolfsbane potion will help her settle down enough so that she will cooperate."

Patting the bag I had slung across my shoulder, I smiled at him again and he simply shook his head and returned the smile. "You know, you would've done well being an Auror. Most of mine are terrified to go up against werewolves."

"That's because they don't have the experience that I do," I said. "Maybe you can start sending one with me every time I make a visit to my clients. Help them get adjusted to it; they probably think werewolves are going to attack them no matter how calm they actually are."

"Not a bad idea." He rubbed his chin thoughtfully at this and I couldn't help but notice some scruff starting to grow.

"Harry, are you growing a beard?" I asked with a laugh.

He grinned. "Ginny thought it would be a nice change from my regular look. That and I've been too busy to keep up with shaving."

"It's a good look! Just don't let it grow too long," I said.

"We'll see." He grinned one last time before pointing his wand towards the center of the doors.

I heard multiple locks click and there was a large cracking noise as the doors slowly pulled themselves open. Harry led me inside and I looked around, taking it all in. It reminded me somewhat of a muggle prison, only instead of barred cells there were actual doors to hold someone in. The ceiling was very high up, allowing for holding cells to be stacked on top of each other, and from floor to ceiling there were three levels of doors. Each level had six metal doors, and while I never heard of a time where these were all full I could tell that there were definitely a few witches and wizards being held at that moment based on the shouting I was hearing.

Harry stopped at the second door to the left and turned back to me. "I'll be just outside of the door. Take this."

He dropped a coin into the palm of my hand and I stared at it for a moment before looking back up at him. "Is this...?"

"The D.A. coin that you put a Protean charm on?" He grinned. "Yes it is. I've altered it just slightly so that it'll alert me if you tap on it twice. Just put it in your pocket and if you feel the meeting is getting out of hand, tap twice and I'll come in."