Ch. 8

Hermione's POV

I groaned slightly when we landed, my head pounding slightly. Ginny put a hand on my back and asked, "Are you sure you should be doing things like apparating right now?"

"I'm fine," I said, waving her off. "The Healers gave me potions for it, this was just a somewhat long distance."

"Okay, well let me do the apparating from now on," She said.

"Will do."

"Hey, why are we at Pansy's shop?" Ginny asked curiously, looking up at the storefront.

I grinned then and led her inside, and her eyes went wide after a few seconds. "No way! Are you really?"

"Shh!" I quickly hushed her as we walked up to the counter and greeted the cashier. "Good afternoon! Is Pansy in?"

The cashier, whose name I believed was Veronica, nodded and said, "She actually just arrived about thirty minutes ago. Would you like me to go get her?"

"Yes, please!"

She nodded and disappeared behind the curtain that led to Pansy's work room, and I turned to see Ginny excitedly bouncing up and down. "She's going to flip."

"Hopefully in a good way," I muttered as Pansy came out from behind her curtain.

"What are you guys doing here?" She asked in surprise. "Not that I'm complaining, of course!"

She hugged the both of us and I gestured back towards her workroom as I asked, "Can we talk back there?"

Raising an eyebrow at me, she said, "Yes, definitely. Is everything alright though?"

"Oh, yeah," I nodded. "Don't worry; this isn't anything bad."

Pansy nodded again and gave Ginny an odd look before leading us back behind the curtain. I could see that she had added a few more mannequins to her lineup which made me very happy for her; her business was definitely growing, there was no doubt about that.

After the three of us settled and Ginny went to look at the mannequins, Pansy leaned against her desk and nodded towards me. "What's up?"

"Well, I was hoping to ask you for a very large favor," I said, trying hard to hold back a grin.

Raising her eyebrow again, she tilted her head as she asked, "Okay...?"

"Well, I'm having trouble finding a wedding dress that I really like..." I started.

Her eyes went wide slightly and Ginny returned, grinning widely at Pansy.

I was unable to hold back a grin as I continued, "...And I was wanting to see if you'd like to design the dress."

She put a hand over her mouth in shock and stayed silent for a few moments. A sudden strike of anxiety went through my stomach as I thought that maybe she wouldn't do it, but she lowered her hand and took a breath.

"Are you serious?" Pansy asked.

"One hundred percent," I nodded.

"Hermione, I've never designed a wedding dress before," She said worriedly.

"I have complete faith in you," I said happily. "I know it's a large favor and I completely understand if you don't want to do it, but I wanted to give you the chance to decide."

She was silent for a few moments before asking, "Do you really want me to?"

"I wouldn't have asked if I didn't," I laughed.