Ch. 31

Draco's POV

I waited somewhat impatiently, smiling to myself as I gazed up at the large structure. Pansy's text said she would be here soon and that she needed to give an excuse to Hermione and Ginny, which I didn't mind at all. I knew that Ginny could keep Hermione occupied while I got Pansy's opinion.

A quiet pop behind me caught my attention and I turned to see Pansy staring up at the building, her jaw dropping slightly.

"This is it?" She managed to get out, glancing towards me.

"Yes." I grinned again as I turned back towards it. "So what did you tell them?"

I saw her shrug out of the corner of my eye as she said, "I just told them Blaise was having a mental breakdown over something in his wardrobe. Something plausible."

"Yeah, that's definitely believable." I took a deep breath, sighing it out of my nose and smiling to myself. "Isn't it perfect?"

She stepped forward to stand next to me, quietly thinking to herself. After a few moments she finally said, "It's going to have to be cleaned up a bit."

"Already have plans for that," I said before gesturing towards the ivy on the side. "I don't plan on getting rid of all of that; I think it'll make a nice backdrop for the wedding."

"And where on this property will that be taking place?" Pansy asked with a raised eyebrow.

I gestured towards the open gardens to our left. "How about over there? I know Mother would love to help spruce it up, add a bunch of flowers and such."

"That she would; she'd have a field day with the gardens here," Pansy agreed before looking towards the right side of the building. "At the same time though, those stairs are absolutely gorgeous and it would be a shame to not incorporate them."

"See, this is why I wanted your opinion," I said, looking down at her. "You have a much better eye for things like this. I liked the stairs as well but I can't decide if the wedding should be in front of them or in the gardens."

"Well you do have some time to decide," Pansy said quietly, looking around the building again. "This is absolutely stunning though."

"Do you think Hermione will like it?" I asked quickly.

"Without a doubt in my mind."

The way she said it made me pause, and I looked at her again. "Is everything alright?"

She glanced up at me as she hesitated, shifting her weight from one foot to the other. After a few moments she sighed and finally said, "Well...I'm worried about Hermione."

"Why?" I asked, growing somewhat worried myself. "Did something happen?"

"Kind of..." She quickly backtracked after seeing the look on my face and waved her hands. "Nothing bad, I promise! It's just...concerning and I think Ginny's worried as well."

"What happened?" I put my hands in my pockets and sucked in a deep breath, trying to calm myself down.

She shifted again and glanced back up towards the building before continuing. "So, we showed your mother and her mother the wedding dress earlier today."

I blinked. "Okay? Did they not get along or something?"

"No, Narcissa and Jean got along great," Pansy said before shaking her head. "It wasn't anything like that. But basically with the way I designed Hermione's dress, I made it to where the original design would hide her scars, but with a minor alteration I could make the dress strapless if she wanted. I had told her this quietly, or so I thought."