Ch. 42

3rd Person POV

Draco stood somewhat patiently at the altar, watching the top of the stairs with excitement. Hermione would be showing up at any moment, and he almost wished that he could be up there when she arrived so that he could see the full surprise.

"Should be any moment, right?" Blaise asked from slightly behind him.

"Ginny sent a small note that they'd be bringing her very soon," Harry answered quietly from behind Blaise, and Draco shifted nervously at this.

"Also," Blaise started again, giving his friend's shoulder a slight nudge. "I thought you were going to be getting rid of all the ivy and vines?"

"I decided to just trim it up," Draco answered, smiling up at the side of the building. "Adds a bit of character and I think she'd prefer it."

The charmed string quartet off to the side transitioned into a new, softer song and Draco straightened up at this, his eyes fixed at the top of the stairs again.

"Why are we having to all apparate together?" Hermione asked, raising an eyebrow at Pansy and Ginny.

"Narcissa requested it," Pansy answered with a sigh. "Something about the photographer."

Hermione was still skeptical but agreed, and she took in a deep breath to combat the nerves that were settling in the pit of her stomach. "Okay, I'm ready!"

The other two grinned and stood on either side of the bride, wrapping their arms inside of hers and Pansy counted down before disapparating them.

As soon as they landed, Hermione gasped and looked around, forgetting for a moment what she was supposed to be doing and looking towards the large building next to her.

"What is this?!" She exclaimed with a bewildered look. "This isn't the Malfoy gardens!"

"Hermione," Ginny said with a laugh, reaching out and gently touching her friend's arm. "We have somewhere we need to be right now."

She looked down the stairs to see the wedding guests standing now and waiting for her, along with Draco and his two groomsmen at the altar.

"Just follow us," Pansy said gently, smiling and adjusting her bouquet before heading down the stairs.

Ginny waited a few moments, giggling to herself at Hermione's confusion before following Pansy down. Hermione waited as well before reaching down to pick up the skirt of her dress and stepping down, taking in everything around her as she made her way down the stairs.

But as she got to the start of the aisle, her focus was now on Draco and she couldn't stop the large smile that spread across her face. He was grinning as well, and for a brief moment she thought that he wiped his eyes as she started her walk towards him.

"You look absolutely beautiful," He said quietly as she approached, smiling widely.

She smiled in return and stopped in front of him, giving him a look before asking, "Did you do this?"

He shrugged, laughing slightly before looking up at the manor. "Do you like it?"

"It's beautiful!" She said, looking towards the ivy-covered stone as well. "I just wasn't expecting a large venue change."

"Are we ready?" The officiant interrupted gently, smiling at the two of them.

"Oh, yes, sorry!" Hermione blushed with embarrassment, giving Draco another smile before turning to face the officiant.