Ch. 6

Hermione's POV

When I regained consciousness, it took a moment for me to realize that I was being carried. I tried to shift with a groan and heard Harry say, "Oh thank Merlin you're awake!"

"Why are you carrying me?" I asked quietly, closing my eyes again.

"Because you were knocked out," He said impatiently. "I'm taking you to St. Mungo's."

"You realize you could've just used magic to carry me, right?"

He paused then as we got into the lift and he sighed. "I panicked and forgot..."

I managed to smile at this and shifted again. "I think I can stand up."

"Are you sure?" He asked worriedly.

"If not then make sure you catch me, please," I said.

He slowly lowered my legs down and kept an arm around my back as I got my balance and straightened up slowly. My head was throbbing with pain and I carefully reached back to feel for a bump.

"Did you catch her?" I asked, looking up at him. "Is she alright?"

He grimaced, which gave me my answer. "No, she ran past me after I opened the door and disapparated as soon as she was able to. And she took your bag."

I groaned again as the lift stopped and he led me out carefully as his hand stayed on my upper back. I leaned in and quietly said, "If she took my bag then she at least has enough potion to get her through this cycle."

"I suppose that's one good thing in all of this," Harry muttered.

We exited the Ministry building and he tightened his arm around me before disapparating us to just outside of the building that led into St. Mungo's.

"Is this really necessary?" I asked as we walked in.

"'Mione, you hit your head so hard that you were knocked unconscious," Harry said firmly. "You're going to get checked out whether you like it or not."

I sighed reluctantly, knowing that Harry definitely wasn't going to let me get out of it and just accepted the examination. As we were being led to the room, I asked, "Did you tell Draco yet?"

"No, I was going to do it after I brought you here since I wasn't sure how long you were going to be unconscious but now that you're awake, I'll let you do that," He said.

I reached for my phone and saw that he had already texted me. Hey, I wanted to stop by and grab you for lunch but you weren't in your office and Jenn said that she hadn't heard from you. Everything alright?

We stopped just outside of a door and the Healer led us inside, ushering me over to the bed while asking, "Okay, can you please explain what happened, Miss Granger?"

I looked over at Harry with a frown before turning back and saying, "I was pushed into a wall and hit my head against it, and was unconscious for..."

"Not quite a minute," Harry finished for me. "She wasn't out any longer than that."

"Well, that's good at least," The Healer sighed before patting the bed and saying, "Let's get started with the examination."

I handed my phone to Harry as I walked to the bed and asked, "Could you please text him for me?"

Harry nodded and immediately started typing on the phone as the Healer watched curiously. Then she turned to me and asked, "Okay, tell me what you are experiencing."

"Definitely a headache," I said before doing a quick check of everything. "A little bit of dizziness but that's it."

"Alright." The Healer held her wand up to my head and after a few moments she nodded. "You do have a slight concussion. That should be easily fixed; I'll be right back with some pain potions."