Ch. 13

Hermione's POV

The large stacks of papers waiting for me when I got back to work that next Monday made me pause in my office's doorway and groan.

"Welcome baaa-ack!" I heard Jenn say in a sing-song voice from her desk behind me.

I turned to scowl at her and she simply chuckled and said, "Harry told me to tell you that he wanted to meet for lunch today to discuss some things regarding one of your cases."

"Okay, did he say what time?" I asked, leaning against my door and sighing.

"He possibly mentioned around noon?" Jenn went to rifle through some papers on her desk and pulled up a small post-it note. "Yeah, noon."

I nodded and took another look at my desk, letting out another groan. "Do you think I could convince you to go grab us some coffee?"

Jenn raised an eyebrow before smirking at me. "Must have been a really nice vacation if you're struggling this much to jump back into work."

As much as I tried, I couldn't hold back a grin and her eyes lit up. I held up a hand then as she wriggled excitedly in her chair and I said, "I can't give any details about where we went but yes, it was absolutely wonderful!"

"I don't need the where, just the what," Jenn fired back before standing up. "How about I go grab some espressos for us and I can come help organize while we chat?"

I perked up at this and straightened up. "Sounds perfect!"

Even with Jenn helping, it still took the better part of the morning to get all of the papers organized. Of course, she had to keep going back to her desk as memos were coming in but it was wonderful being able to catch up with her while she helped. She was practically hanging off every word I said as I told her about the Valentine's Day surprise that Draco had put together for me.

"I wasn't happy at first because I hated those hallways, but I started to have fun with it," I said with a small smile.

She was grinning as she separated her stack of papers into the designated piles. "You two are too adorable. I can't wait for the wedding!"

I smiled down at my ring for a moment before a knock on the door caught both our attentions. I relaxed when I saw it was Harry and giving him a smile, I said, "Hey Harry! Beard's coming in nicely!"

 I relaxed when I saw it was Harry and giving him a smile, I said, "Hey Harry! Beard's coming in nicely!"

A/N: How I imagine Harry looks right now :)

He grinned and ran a hand across his chin. "You think so? I'm not very sure about it."

"No, it looks great!"

Jenn nodded in agreement as she stood up and said, "I'll be at my desk if you need me, Hermione."