Ch. 1

DISCLAIMER: If you have not read A Crazy Little Thing, turn around right now and go read it because this is the sequel!

Hermione's POV

I woke up slowly, stretching as I rolled over to look at Draco. He was fast asleep, curled up with his pillow halfway in his arms. I couldn't help but smile at that before pulling the blankets off me and rolling out of bed, making my way to the shower.

"Why do you always get up so early?"

I giggled and turned around, seeing Draco with his eyes halfway opened. After shaking my head, I leaned against the bathroom door and said, "I thought you liked seeing me first thing in the morning?"

"That's completely beside the point." He couldn't hide a grin as he grabbed his watch. "Love, its nine in the morning on a Sunday."

"Yes, and I need to remind my clients that they have to start taking their potions today," I said gently. "The full moon is a week from today."

He sighed and propped himself up onto his elbow. "Have I mentioned that I love how you're so invested in your work?"

"Is that sarcasm?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Actually, no!" He grinned at me and said, "You've always put everything you had into your work, whether it was school work or Ministry work. I admire that; you don't half-ass anything."

"Well in my line of work, there's too many lives on the line for me to even consider half-assing anything," I said with a smile before turning around and walking into the bathroom.

By the time I had turned the shower on Draco was out of bed and stretching again. "And there's still no chance of convincing you to come work for me?"

I laughed. "I think that would be a conflict of interests. Besides, you'd get annoyed by me eventually."

"I think you'd annoy Jacqui before you annoy me," He said. "The two of you both need to be in control of a situation, so I can see you two butting heads."

"I seriously doubt that she and I would butt heads that often." I quickly stepped into the shower as I continued, "Besides, she has a wonderful work ethic and I respect that in someone. I think she and I could work together just fine!"

"I suppose you're right," He laughed before leaning against the shower door. "Still up for dinner with my parents tonight?"

"Of course!" I smiled at him through the glass. "You know I like spending time with your parents."

"I thought I'd still ask just to be sure." He pushed himself off the door and said, "I'm going to go make us some breakfast."

He left the bathroom and I continued washing my hair, thinking back on just how quickly things were moving recently. We were already planning our wedding for later this year; I was vying for Head of the department; Draco's company was doing very well and he even just donated a large sum to St. Mungo's for research purposes after a new vineyard he had acquired brought in a substantial amount of money.

I smiled to myself as I went on with the shower, and soon the smell of breakfast wafting into the bathroom made me finish up quickly. Not too long after, I walked out of the bathroom in a pair of jeans and a grey t-shirt to see a shirtless Draco standing behind the stove with his back facing me, cooking what smelt like bacon.

"That smells wonderful," I sighed as I sat down at the island behind him.

"Hopefully it tastes as good as it smells," He said with a small laugh. "After the last time, I don't want to mess anything up!"