Ch. 16

Draco's POV

It took me a little while to realize that Blaise was standing in my office doorway with an eyebrow raised at me.

"Everything alright?" He asked slowly. "You've been grumpy and quiet all week."

I sighed and leaned back into my chair, staring up at the ceiling. "Hermione and I got into somewhat of a tiff earlier this week on Monday."

I saw him lean against the doorway out of the corner of my eye. "The fact that you're still upset by it makes me think it was more than just a small tiff."

"Alright, so it was more of an argument," I said, scowling at him. "Is there something I can help you with? Why did you come to my office?"

He put a hand up. "Whatever you and Hermione argued about, do not take your frustrations out on me."

Rubbing my face with a frustrated groan, I took a deep breath and slowly let it out. "Sorry, Blaise. It's just...you remember last year at the quidditch match between the Harpies and the Bulgarians?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Remember what happened between Hermione and Krum?" I asked, looking back up at the ceiling.

"As I recall, he kissed her and then apologized, and you and Hermione talked about it," Blaise answered. "Is that really still bothering you?"

I waved him in and he shut my office door behind him before leaning back against it as I said, "No, it's not that. It's related to that though."

He raised an eyebrow again. "Go on."

"Well, she's having difficulties with one of her cases," I explained as best I could without giving any details. "She apparently reached out to him for information regarding it a month ago after Harry took the case from her. And then all of a sudden on Monday, he shows up to her office."

"Did he kiss her again?" Blaise asked.

"No, she says they just talked, and that Harry was there and can vouch for it," I muttered.

"So what's the issue?" He asked. "She didn't do anything, Krum didn't do anything. Why are you upset about this?"

"I'm upset because she didn't tell me," I said. "Normally I wouldn't care who she talks to but it's a little concerning when she reaches out to someone that previously had feelings for her and has made a move on her while she was newly engaged to me."

He crossed his arms against his chest. "Draco, it sounds as though she reached out to him purely for help with this case, and again, Harry was a witness. Why don't you reach out to him to confirm this?"

"Because then I come across as a jealous fiancé," I said bitterly.

"You currently are a jealous fiancé."

I glared at him and he simply shrugged and said, "You are. You've been brooding all week over this. I seriously doubt Hermione would reach out to someone that previously caused problems in your relationship just for fun; she's not that kind of woman and you know it."

Taking another deep breath, I sighed it out and closed my eyes. "I know; that's partially why this is bothering me so much. I trust her completely but I just feel like I was blindsided by this. I just wish she would have told me that she reached out to him..."

"Well, she can't."

I looked up at him. "What?"

"She can't go back and tell you," He repeated. "Honestly, repeating that over and over again to yourself isn't going to change the past. You need to accept that she didn't tell you and move on from this, otherwise things are not going to get better. Do not continue to hold this over her head."