Ch. 19

Hermione's POV

I hadn't quite thought through how we were going to follow the letter's trail, but I was not happy with Harry's suggestion of brooms.

"'Mione, it's the fastest way that will allow us to control where we are going," Harry said calmly with his hands in his pockets.

We had left my office at this point and the three of us were standing in front of Jenn's desk as we tossed ideas back and forth.

"I agree vith Harry," Viktor said in a slightly amused tone. "Flying vill be the fastest vay to follow it."

"And the longer we wait, the more chance there'll be that we lose the trail," Harry sighed insistently. "Look, you can ride on the back of my broom and hold onto me so that you're not the one flying."

I hesitated for a moment while Viktor, Harry, and Jenn all watched me patiently. After a heavy sigh I finally nodded and said, "Alright, I suppose that would work."

Harry grinned then and nudged me as he asked, "Do you really think I'd let anything happen to you? Too many people would try to murder me if I got you hurt."

"I can only imagine what Draco would do to you," I said with a laugh.

"Actually, I was more referring to Ginny but he'd be a close second," Harry grinned before nodding his head towards the lift. "Come on; I can't imagine that trail is getting any more clear with us just standing here."

I nodded and we both looked back to Viktor, who was talking quietly with Jenn up until that moment. Viktor looked up at us then and said something very quietly to her that we couldn't hear before straightening up and nodding to us.

"Vell, if you two are ready, shall ve?" He asked as he walked past us towards the lift.

Harry slowly followed after as I looked back at Jenn, who simply grinned at me with a noticeable pink tinge in her cheeks.

"We're talking later," I said, pointing a finger at her before turning away and joining Harry and Viktor just before the doors shut.

It wasn't long before we were standing out on the roof of the Ministry building with broomsticks, my stomach swirling unhappily. I was not taking my eyes off the roof and could see both Harry and Viktor mounting their brooms out of the corner of my eye.

"Come on, Hermione," Harry said, gesturing towards me.

I nodded and kept my head down as I walked over to him, hesitating before finally sitting behind him and wrapping my arms tightly around his waist.

"You ready?" He asked over his shoulder.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I muttered, squeezing my eyes shut. "Let's go before I change my mi-"

He immediately took off before I could finish my sentence and I yelled out of surprise as my stomach flipped. He simply laughed and I thought I heard Viktor chuckle from behind us as went flew off.

"That was rude!" I exclaimed, giving Harry's waist another tight squeeze.

Harry laughed again and said, "I figured it was better to have just gone instead of waiting for you to work up to it."

"Still could've warned me," I said. "Can you at least see where the trail is going?"

"It honestly looks like we'll be following it for a while," He said then with a sigh. "Might as well get comfortable back there."