Ch. 32

Hermione's POV

"Well!" Lavender started brightly. "You are healing up beautifully, and they should be fully scarred by the end of June!"

She pulled away from me with a smile, removing her gloves so that she could write something in her notes as I pulled the back of my shirt down.

"That's fantastic, Lavender," I said happily. "Hopefully the color of them will have toned down a bit before the wedding."

"I'm sure they will," She nodded. "They might still be a little pink but it won't be as noticeable as the scabs. When is the wedding again?"

"July nineteenth," I said with a smile.

She grinned widely. "It's getting close! About a month and a half away!"

"I know; it's crazy how quickly it came up," I said, shaking my head. "So many things have happened since we set the date, it just snuck up on me."

"I bet, considering it's nearly the end of May," She said. "How much else do you need to plan out?"

"Not much thankfully," I said. "Though at the same time it isn't going to be too large of a wedding. At least I hope it won't be."

She laughed at this and said, "That's surprising, considering who you are marrying!"

We both laughed as she finished writing notes in her file and set the clipboard down on the countertop, leaning against it and smiling at me. "How was your dress appointment, by the way? Did your mum like the dress?"

"Yes, she and Draco's mother both loved it," I smiled. A sudden realization hit me and I groaned before saying, "Oh, I forgot to take pictures to show you!"

She laughed warmly at this and waved me off. "That's okay! You've had other things to worry about that certainly take priority over taking pictures for me!"

"Still..." I trailed off when a sudden idea came to my head. "Hey, are you doing anything tomorrow?"

This seemed to catch her off guard as she shifted her weight from one foot to the other. "Not at the moment; Ron will be working at the shop all day so I was just planning on staying home."

"Why don't we go visit Pansy's shop so you can see the dress?" I offered with a smile.

"Really?" She blinked in surprise.

"Yeah!" I smiled again and reached for my phone. "I'm free all day tomorrow and I think it would be fun. Plus I've been meaning to take you to Pansy's shop already because I feel like you'd have fun shopping there."

Lavender smiled then and said, "If you're sure then okay! That would be fun!"

I could sense her hesitation and quickly said, "If you're not comfortable that's completely understandable-"

"No, no!" She quickly waved her hands and explained, "I'm perfectly fine going out, it's just that...I don't know how Pansy would feel..."

"I don't think Pansy would mind at all," I said reassuringly.

She hesitated again before nodding and smiling. "Alright, it's a plan then! When and where would you like to meet up?"

I didn't realize how excited I was for the next day until Draco arrived home and laughed when he saw me. "Did something good happen today, sweetheart?"