Ch. 37

Draco's POV

"They're in a holding cell?!" I stared at Harry in shock. "What for?!"

"I have no idea," Harry replied, throwing his hands up exasperatedly. "Ginny's text wasn't clear and there were a lot of typos, so I'm going to assume they are drunk."

"How does she have a phone in a holding cell?" Blaise asked curiously as we all began moving towards the fireplace.

"Aurors don't know to look for cell phones, and Ginny's very good at hiding hers," Harry sighed, gesturing towards the fireplace. "Shall we?"

One after another, we left the Manor and stepped out into the Ministry, following Harry as he led us towards the lifts. Thankfully there was hardly anyone in the building due to how late it was and we arrived onto the correct floor in no time.

"I can't believe the girls got arrested," Blaise muttered before looking up at Father. "Wasn't Narcissa supposed to keep them all in line?"

Father laughed loudly. "Are you kidding? Narcissa can get just as wild as anyone else; I'd just as much expect Pansy to keep everyone in line as I would Narcissa."

"That's comforting," I said unhappily.

While we weren't sure what to expect, the sight that met us as soon as we stepped into the cell was an interesting one; Jenn, Pansy, and Ginny were all three sitting against the wall and leaning on each other, nearly half asleep while Mother was pacing back and forth, wobbling somewhat as she'd lose her balance every so often. Hermione and Lavender were off against the opposite wall, with Hermione's right hand wrapped and Lavender was telling her something quietly.

"What happened?" I asked worriedly as I quickly walked towards Hermione.

"Heh," Ginny snickered, her eyes staying closed as she pointed over to Hermione. "Ask her!"

Pansy and Jenn grinned as well, and I saw my father walk towards my mother, putting a hand on the small of her back. "Dear, I hope you were at least somewhat responsible tonight."

"Everyone is together and in one piece," Mother slurred, slowly blinking and trying to keep her balance as she reached out a hand to somewhat roughly plop it onto Father's chest and smile. "I would say that's a successful night."

Father was very clearly trying to hold back a grin as he said, "Yes, however you are also in a Ministry holding cell."

"And nothing's going to happen to us because we were simply defending ourselves," She said insistently, her eyes closing now.

I kneeled down and took Hermione's injured hand gently, shaking my head as I looked at it. "You can't go at least half a year without getting hurt?"

"The bastard deserved it," She muttered, avoiding looking at me as she inspected her hand as well. "Lavender will fix it right up though."

The blonde nodded with a warm smile and said, "It's only a few scrapes and minor bruising, nothing serious."

Surprisingly, Lavender sounded the most sober out of the group of girls, and she gently patted Hermione's hand before looking up at me and explaining, "We were being bothered by some jerk at the club, and when he started insulting us Hermione just punched him in the face hard; from the looks of it, she broke his nose on the first punch."

"The first punch?" I raised an eyebrow at my fiancé. "There was more than one?"

"Gwenog would be so proud," I heard Ginny mutter, prompting a sigh from Harry who had pinched the bridge of his nose at that.