Chapter Thirty Five - Hades

I saw the moment she stepped on the fabric of her dress. It all slowed down and truthfully, she would have been able to correct and right herself but I grabbed her without a second thought.

Persephone's skin is soft as satin and once I touched it, I couldn't let go. I had to gather strength from deep inside myself before I could manage to distance myself only a small amount. But my fingers lingered, not even they wanted to be away from her.

It was those sweet words that she expressed so freely and that shiver that rushed over her that didn't go unnoticed. Whatever is happening is affecting both of us.

If you would have told me just a few short months ago that I would be ... what's the word? Happy. I certainly wouldn't have believed you. I probably would have shaken my head and walked away. Even when I first encountered My Little Flower despite the attraction, for her to become what she has to me is still inconceivable.

To not dread the beginning of each day is something I have never had the pleasure to experience. But now, I look forward to what Persephone will be doing. She never does the same thing each day even with the limitations being here brings. She finds the best in any situation. I mean she has even offered to help with my daily responsibilities to make my existence easier. She is extraordinary and how I became lucky enough to have her here I will never understand.

The entire realm is bewitched by her even some that have not personally met her just observed from afar. What would they do if they truly met her? As it dawns on me how truly sheltered, she has been since she got here, I start to realize she is right. She should help more around here and interact with the beings that exist within the palace at the very least. Now to decide what would be best for her to assist with.