Chapter Sixty One - Persephone

I ran along the familiar stone corridors in search of him. I am a day earlier than what had been arranged, but as I told Mother, I couldn't wait any longer. Six months is a long time. Though he did come and visit when he could, it wasn't enough. I needed to feel his arms around me, among other things. Loud footsteps come from behind me, and I turn to see Cerberus galloping toward me. I quicken my pace too, but it's no use, so I make the best decision I can before he tackles me to the ground. I slow down, spin around to face him, and fling my arms wide. Slobbering faces descend upon me, covering me in saliva as three tongues lick all the areas of my face.

"Okay, okay, I missed you too!" I say as I attempt to push him away. He eventually gives, allowing me to put a little space between us. "I'm glad to see you," I say, smiling up at him—his excited faces reflecting similar sentiments. I wrap my arms around his thick neck and hug him tight as his heads wrap around me, hugging me back.

When I pull back, I smile up at his excited face and ask, "Where is he?"

That's the only invitation I need and follow after. My body hums with anticipation. After what feels like forever, we stop outside of Hades bedroom. Cerberus gives me a knowing look before wandering off within the palace. He barks loudly and moves past me in one fluid motion, and begins his way down the corridor.

I knock quietly and hear his answering, "Come in."

I am shaking as I open the door. Standing there before me, Hades eyes widen and his mouth gaps open. I waste absolutely no time and run to him, throwing myself around him. His arms encircle me, and his grip tightens as he pulls me to him. I pull my face back just enough to allow my lips room to touch his. The kiss... it's like that first drink of water after a long day. The body claims what it needs and leaves nothing behind. Our lips move together, teeth clicking, and tongues dancing as we make up for the lost time. When we are both satisfied, I give him one last bite to his bottom lip and pull back so that I can look at his handsome face.

Silver pools swirl ferociously, and I bite my lip in an attempt to calm the heat coursing through my body, "Hi."

His face softens, and he leans forward, kissing me on the top of my nose, "Hi yourself."

A giggle burst from me, and I closed my eyes, leaning into him, "Surprise." I melted the rest of the way into him, "I couldn't wait one more day. I'm sorry I hope I didn't interrupt anything."

"Little Flower, there is nothing you could interrupt. I would move realms for you" He tilts his head laying his cheek on my forehead, and he holds me. Each of us is content at the moment soaking up being together. "Thank you," his deep voice rumbles against my side.

"Thank you? For what?" I ask, confused.

"For not being able to wait any longer. I missed you. Gods did I ever, but I didn't know how much until I saw you standing in that doorway" he moves his head back so that he can look me in the eyes.

"It's going to be tough splitting the years like this, but we will always have moments like this. Moments where we drink each other in and take pleasure in the reunions. We will also have to cherish every moment we have together," I say, letting my eyes roam over each curve of his face. When I land back on his eyes, they convey all the love he has for me and begins to swirl. Knowing what that means, I smirk and bring my hand to his cheek, and stroke down toward his chin. "I can think of a few ways that you could show me how much you've missed me."

"We will get to that in a moment. First, I have something for you."

Holding out his hand, small strands of smoke twirl in his palm. The smoke slowly takes form, revealing a crown. The shiny black onyx glistens beneath the torches allowing the details of small flowers carved into each peak. They blend into its base, mingling with narrow designs taking the shape of roots. My two worlds are brought together in one magnificent piece of art. "I don't know what I did to deserve you, but I will not dwell on the why. Better yet, I will cherish every day I have with you, and I will strive to show you just how much I truly love you. A little more with each passing day."

Maintaining eye contact, he bends to both knees while holding the crown out between us. "I created this for you. I may have gotten ahead of myself, but I had some extra time on my hands. Will you be my queen?"

I am stunned. I don't even know if stunned is the appropriate word. This glorious creature wanted me to be his queen. Me. I get down onto my knees, matching him, and take the crown in my hands. It is much lighter than what I would have thought being made of onyx. Lifting it, I place it on my head, letting that be answer enough.

Hades doesn't need any other cueing, picking up where we paused moments ago. Before I know what's happening, I am flat on my back, and he is hovering over me. The crown slips off my head landing on the floor right beside my head. He doesn't spare it a glance. He begins kissing along my jawline, traveling down my neck. "Any requests, Little Flower?"

"No,sir," I groan as he nips my collarbone, and with that, we take our timereuniting and sealing our future in this moment.

*That's it guys! Thank you so much for sticking with me through this journey! I adore these characters and have enjoyed every minute spent on creating them and their world. I am currently working on editing it and making changes as needed including grammar and potentially adding new chapters. I plan on self publishing it on Amazon when it is finished in its entirety and I hope you guys will check it out :) I will keep you guys updated!