Chapter Fourteen - Persephone

Within the moment it takes me to blink I go from a place I have known my entire life to a strange new place. I open my eyes to find that I am standing in a large room. Glancing around, I blink my eyes a couple of times. Though there is lighting in the room, it is quite dimmer than where we were just seconds ago.

I take in each aspect of the room from the tall ceiling to the jagged stone that makes up the walls. I imagine this to be what it is like living within a rock. Each surface is a type of hard stone.

It is beautiful.

The small details placed throughout creates sort of a masterpiece. I am in awe, and every time I look around, I find something new that adds to the beauty.

Lost in the details, I do not realize right away that my hand is still clutched tightly with his. Dragging my gaze away from the room, I glance down at my hand that is not alone. There is such a contrast between them. Mine being pink to his gray. Slowly I follow the arm attached to mine, traveling upward to a broad shoulder then along his neck and finally to his face.

Silver eyes study me. The warmth of his hand warms my cooling skin. I shiver slightly as the cool seeps further into my bones. I am accustomed to the suns rays shining on me and not having it now; my body is reacting to that loss.

"Are you okay?" Hades deep voice startles me.

He must have felt the shiver, "Yes."

His eyes have yet to leave me. Reaching up, I run my fingers through my hair. With our travels, there is no telling what state it is in. As I come to the end, something catches my eyes. I look down and gasp at the dark strands between my fingers. I pull my hair out straight, my eyes widening. My normal carrot-colored hair is now an auburn tint.

My eyes dart up, and my mouth begins moving as I try to form the words that are swirling through my mind, but nothing comes out. I bring my hair up in front of my fair. Through the light, I can see remnants of my fiery color within the now dark strands.

At him, my eyes focus once more as one word makes it through the chaos "How?"