Chapter Seven - Hades

My eyes snap open.

I know it had been a dream, but she had been there standing right in front of me.

I had touched her.

I rub my hands across my face. Her image is still fresh in my mind, and there each time I close my eyes. I have been around for millennium, what is it about this eighteen year old girl that haunts me.

"Persephone" I breath her sweet name, no louder than a whisper.

I couldn't stop myself from checking in on her today. The pull was too strong. I followed close enough behind for some time until she stopped. But once I heard her sweet voice, I had to get closer. To listen to her beautiful voice and watch her interaction with the small creature, it had been magical and natural for her. As if she is connected to the universe and all its inhabitants. Her love was as clear as the birds at that moment.

But I made the mistake of staying too long. Living creatures became aware of my presence, always becoming nervous. Expect her. Had it not been for the bird's odd behavior she would have continued on her journey with no issues.

I ran. The rush that came over me at fleeing wasn't something I have experienced since I was just a mere boy. I questioned my behavior and running as I did but to be caught watching her wasn't something I wanted either. To admire her from afar seemed to be what I'm allowed. I knew it to be best but deep inside that strange ache grows.

I push it away and rise from my bed unable to attempt to go back to sleep.

Lonely is my existence. That's it. Nothing more.