Chapter Fifty Three - Persephone

Covered in sweat, we lay tangled together on top of his sheets. Half sprawled across his chest; I run my fingers over the dips and valleys of his muscles. His fingers lightly trace the length of my back. Though our relationship has changed recently, it hasn't at the same time. The physical aspect has just begun, but we have slowly moved toward it over the last six months. It grew in other ways first, to which I am glad that I got to fall in love with the being he is before taking that next step. He may be the lord of the dead, but he is also gentle, kind, and caring – if only others would take the time to know that part of him. But their loss is my gain, and I will never give him up.

"I am going to miss you," I mumble as I watch my fingers move over his skin.

A soft kiss lands in my hair, and he hugs me closer, "As will I."

I prop myself up on my elbows and look down at his handsome face. "It won't be that long, right?"

His eyes glance around my face. Reaching up, he tucks my hand behind my ear. "Time-wise, no. But it will feel like an eternity for me."

Frowning, I say, "Gee, thanks."

"What? Was I not, to be honest?" he asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yeah... I just wish the situation were different."

His hand moves to my cheek, cupping it, "I will visit as often as I can."

I nod in understanding, "I know it's not that long. I feel like whatever this is, has just begun, and I don't want it to stop."

"Neither do I, Little Flower, but we have forever; a few months is nothing. Believe me. You will be back before you realize it," Hades explains as he rubs my cheek with his thumb.

I stareat him for a moment before leaning down and pressing my lips to his. It's alight peck, and then I lay back down, cuddling into his side. His arm wrapsaround me, holding me tightly as my eyes grow heavy. I try to fight thefatigue, but I am no match, and it slowly takes me.