Chapter Thirty Three - Hades

I transport us back, knowing I have been gone longer than I should have. But Persephone wasn't the only one that needed to escape. We needed an escape.

The location came to mind last minute. I honestly had no idea where we were going but just knowing that we were leaving the Underworld. I hadn't expected her reaction when we did arrive. Her youth does slip my mind from time to time. The presence of an older soul peeks through when she speaks and often baffles me. Being the daughter of Demeter, Persephone stopped aging once she reached eighteen. Her outward appearance will remain as you see her now. However, there will be slight changes as her soul endures the years to come in her immortal life. I just hope she never loses the wonder in her eyes within that time.

Things begin to dull after you have been around for so long. Existence becomes lonely when mortals exist and just as suddenly as they appear, they are then gone. Their lives seem to be over in minutes when you yourself don't have death to look forward to. Bonds have a different meaning when those are the terms.

With Persephone it's different. She isn't tarnished by the millenniums of existing or the limits of having a mortal life. Since meeting her I have witnessed events menially through my eyes but when seen through hers there is a quality unnoticed bringing shine to the overall dullness. Maybe that is why I have allowed myself to cross the barrier I have kept up with so many others, both immortal and mortal.

I have not released her hand since arriving back in the corridors of my home. She hasn't attempted to remove her hand from mine either which I have to admit causes a warm feeling within my chest. Soon we are outside her door and don't say a word. We just stare at each other.

Persephone's eyes quickly glance around my face and I watch as the pink shade fills her cheeks. I notice the initiation of her movements and know what she is about to do. I make no move to stop her as she stands on her tiptoes and brings her lips to mine. It's not a quick kiss but it is quicker than I would have liked.

When she pulls away the pink in her cheeks has now become a deep red. She doesn't hold my gaze long before she looks down at her hands.

"Thank you again," she says stepping back to open her door. As she crosses the threshold, she turns meeting my eyes once more. Biting her bottom lip, she lingers for just a moment before slowly closes the door between us.