Chapter Fifty Nine - Hades

Existence had returned to what used to be my regular. Tasks to continue the inner workings of a realm inhabited by the dead require energy at all times. It had been some time since I had seen Persephone, and to be honest, I wanted to see her. Yes, I am exhausted, but it's simply that I miss her.

I had spoken to Nilus, making him aware of my plans, and then walked through the veil. My feet step on healthy grass blades and right in front of the cottage door. The sun has recently set, and the only light is coming from Persephone's window. I consider knocking but don't wish to wake anyone. Walking to her window, I gaze in. She is lying on the bed reading a book. As if she senses me, she looks up from the book, seeming disinterested suddenly. Her green eyes lock on me. Slowly she sits on, never breaking our eye contact.

In seconds I am standing in front of her bed, no longer outside. My entrance caused her not to react. That causes joy to blossom in my chest. She is comfortable with me in every aspect. Before she can blink, I have pulled her to me. We are now nose to nose, our breaths intertwining. She slowly brings her hand to my cheek, cupping it. I instantly lean in, relishing in the feel of her, "I missed you."

Those are the only words spoken between us. Her lips are on mine, and from there, Ilet her take the lead. I go where she places me, and I do as she wishes withouther asking. She has control, and I savor every second.