Chapter Fifty Two - Persephone

My dreams were filled with beautiful colors despite never taking shape. They danced around my mind mixing as they would when I painted. Happiness was something I knew even when sleeping with warmth soaking into my body. I had no conscious thought of where it was coming from, just that it wrapped around me.

When I awoke surrounded by grey bedding, I was confused, but luckily it didn't last long. A smile crept across my lips as the night before came back to me. A rush of memories assaulted me -- pleasure, desire, contentment bombarded me, which only increased my smile. I was alone in the bed, but a small note lay on the pillow next to me. In elegant handwriting, Hades had written – I had some matters to take care of. I didn't want to disturb you, but you just have to say my name, and I will be by your side when you awake.

Tingles caress my skin at the thought of him rushing back to me. I want to spend as much time together as we can before I have to go back with Mother, but first things first, I wish to clean myself. Gathering the sheet, I wrap it around my nakedness. The silk feels lovely against my fresh. As I stand, an ache between my legs causes me to pause. It's not severe, just enough to gain my attention, but I smile as the thoughts of Hades claiming me as his. The pleasure he brought from me assaults my senses. My face heats as I hurry toward his bathing room.

I wash up, the warm water feeling amazing on my skin. I do what I can for the state of mess my hair is currently in and slip my dress from yesterday back on. I am unsure of the way back to my room, so I take a minute to look around before calling for him. There are a few paintings scattered around the space but nothing very personal. For the most part, it's bare. Does he prefer it this way, or does he feel he didn't deserve any more than this? I didn't let my mind linger on that thought, but instead, I allowed his name to escape my lips. "Hades."

Air stirs my hair, and he is standing in front of me within a breath. His silver eyes churn as he stares at me as my own roam his body. Every inch of him looked commanding and powerful as the King of the Underworld should. My breathing becomes labored, and my core tightens. Just the sight of him floods me with desire, and I want nothing more than to stay right here in this room doing everything we did last night.

I cross the distance between us and kiss him. He grips me tight as if he had been thinking the same things as I had. I began unbuttoning his shirt, sliding my hands along his hard chest as I pushed it off his shoulders. Leaning forward, I kiss along his chest. His hand tangles in my hair, and his breathing increases in response. I lift my gaze to his face, and he is looking down at me with such fierce yearning I decide to see if I can take him further. I kiss over his pec and flick my tongue out, grazing his nipple. He jumps but doesn't move other than that. I take that as a cue to continue. Once again, I slide my teeth over his now hardened nipple and bite every so softly. That does it. In the blink of an eye, I am flat on my back.

Hades hovers above me, caging me in with his arms, his chest heaving. "Little Flower, you have no idea what you do to me."

I smirk, running my hands up his chest. "I have an idea."

He copies my smirk, his dark hair falling around his face. "Very well, let's play."