Chapter 21: Welcome to Los Angeles

"(Y/n)! Are you done packing?" Dad yells.

"Not yet!" I yell back.

Sumo comes into my room as I put more clothes in my suitcase. He rubs up against my leg and I smile down and pet him. He whines.

"It's okay Sumo. We're only going to be gone for two weeks. I know it seems like a lot but at least you'll be with Markus, Simon, North, Josh, and Rupert."

Sumo barks excitedly upon hearing their names and I chuckle. There's a knock at my door and I look in the doorway to see Connor in the regular human clothes he got for Christmas. He was finally able to get rid of that stupid android uniform he had.

"You need some help?" He asks, coming further into my room and towards me and Sumo.

"No I think I'm done," I say and close the suitcase.

Connor nods and bends down to Sumo and pets his head.

"Be a good boy Sumo. We'll be back soon." He tells the dog.

Sumo just barks and Connor walks over to the suitcase and picks it up for me. I follow Connor out of my room and into the living room where Dad is making sure he has everything. I grab my backpack in the living room with my sketchbook and utensils I'll need for it. It also has a 3DS in it if I get bored of drawing or just wanna play a game.

Dad looks back at me. "You have your sketchbook?"

I nod. "Yeah, it's in this bag along with my 3DS and the charger to that."

He nods. "Well, I think we're good to go then."

"Where exactly are we going?" Connor asks.

"You'll see."

I groan. "Why can't you just tell us?" I whine.

"It's a surprise," Dad smirks.

I pout while Sumo walks over to Dad who bends down to say goodbye.

"See ya later Sumo. Markus and them will be here to pick you up soon."

Dad and Connor take the suitcases to the car while I play tug of war with Sumo one last time before we leave.

"(Y/n)," Connor calls from the doorway. I stop playing and look up at him. "Time to go."

I nod. "Alright. Bye Sumo." I hug him and then run past Connor in the doorway.

He closes the door behind him and I get in the back seat and Connor gets in the passenger seat while Dad drives. I take out my sketchbook and just start to draw random characters from my favorite cartoons. Once at the airport, we get through security and then are escorted to the plane. I sit by the window, Connor in the middle, and Dad on the end. Dad and I wind up sleeping on Connor's shoulders while he stares out the window. Dad wouldn't let us look at the tickets or which airline we were getting on since he still wanted it to be a surprise. Connor wakes us both up when the plane is about to land and when it does they grab our suitcases and we leave the plane. Dad takes us outside of the airport and then places his suitcase down and turns around to look at us.

"Welcome to Los Angeles." He says with his arms out on either side.

"LA?" Connor questions.

I scrunch my brows in confusion. "Why LA? What's there to do here?"

"There's clubs and casinos," Dad says.

"I can't drink..." Connor says.

"I can't do either of those things!" I say.

Dad shrugs. "There's also surfing."

My eyes light up. "I wanna learn how to surf!"

"See. There you go. That's something to do."