Chapter 21

Rose cautiously dropped a handful of rose thrones into her cauldron. She watched as the liquid turned into a pearly sheen with steam spiraling out of it and let out a sigh of relief. Thank Merlin she didn't mess it up. Looking around her, she appeared to be the only person to have finished brewing their amortentia. That is, apart from Malfoy. She turned back far enough to see him gazing off to the side while tapping his wand against his desk in a tedious manner.

Sensing her stare, he looked up and raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"Miss. Weasley, are you done?"

Rose spun forward in her chair. "Yes, professor."

"Why, that was impressing quick." He said as he slowly walked down to her desk to inspect her potion.

Rose stayed quiet, waiting for him to give her a mark. No less than 99.8 for sure.

"It looks...perfect. Well done Ms. Weasley. One hundred percent."

She smiled adequately but the feeling was short lived when the professor continued.

"Now, seeing that both you and Mr. Malfoy have completed your potions and are taking N.E.W.T.s, I believe it's best for you two to discuss the upcoming quiz. Perhaps you will spend the next week or two as...study buddies."

This statement left her flabbergasted. "Excuse me?"

"Well, keep in mind that you are still in class. Finishing early is no excuse for wasting precious learning time. And considering you two are my best students, I believe any information exchanged would be very beneficial."

"Do I have to? No offence professor but I don't exactly need Malfoys assistance."

"Ah yes, your grades clearing seems to support that. It is merely a suggestion but I do hope you take it with a grain of salt." Seeing her expression of disbelief, he rubbed his head in an exhausted manner. "Take that as you will." He sighed and walked away.

Rose sluggishly turned around. Just as she had expected, Malfoy was sitting there, smirking straight at her. Professor must have told him the same thing when he had finished.

Pushing out of his chair, he strode up to her desk and plopped himself down in the chair across her.

"Good morning." His cool voice stretched out.

She sent him a glare. "What do you want."

"Pardon me?" The corner of his mouth twitched up.

"Do you understand English? What are you doing here?"

"I'm bored." He shrugged.

"That is fascinating. Can you be bored over there?" She randomly stuck her finger out and pointed.

"That's not very nice." He said mockingly.

You're one to talk. She glared at him once more, hoping he would just take the hint and leave.

"So, how was your day?"

His nonchalant tone and hint of a smile had taken her back. He can't be serious.

"Come again?"

"A little deaf, are we Weasley?"

There it was.

Rose rolled her eyes but decided to keep the conversation going. It was obvious he wasn't going to leave her alone.

"Good. I got a perfect mark on the amortentia project." She proudly stated.

"Hmm."

She narrowed her eyes at him as he slightly smirked. "What?"

"Nothing."