5th Year: Knight in Shining Armor

"You have got to be kidding me."

"Huh? What do you think?"

"I think you've gone mental. We can't put that up! It looks like the Giant Squid splat all over it."

Scorpius frowned at Rose and slammed his banner down. "Okay Da Vinci, let me see yours."

Rose held up her banner and he cracked up. "I'm sorry it's just-" He interrupted himself with a bark of laughter.

She glared at him and threw it aside. This was ridiculous. As it neared the end of year, Professor Mcgonagall requested that the prefects throw a graduation party for the current seventh-years. Rose and Scorpius, being prefect partners, were given the task of decorating the party. As easy as that may have sounded, they weren't exactly the best artists- or pair.

After thirty minutes of attempting to create welcome banners, they were tried and sore. Who knew drawing could be so exhausting? There were half-empty bottles of paint and glitter laying around them and Rose couldn't help but cringe when she saw the final product. It looked like a bunch of kindergarteners went berserk.

She sighed and rubbed her head, unintentionally getting a streak of blue paint on her forehead. Malfoy smirked and dipped his finger in the same shade before drawing another line and a curve.

"Hey! What'd you just-" She looked up and tried to see what he drew.

"What? It's a smiley face." He laughed as she glared at him.

"Real mature Malfoy..."

Noticing the bottle of pink paint next to her, she quickly grabbed it and squirted it at him.

He blinked a couple of times while looking down at his stained robes. "Oh you want to play that game?" He grabbed the closest bottle next to him and poured it into her hair. She gasped as the glitter gushed out.

"You little ferret- hey come back here!" Rose chased him down, with the bottle of paint. Splashing each other with the leftover materials and ducking for cover, the two were so engaged in their little fight to notice the doors open.

"Ahem." Professor Mcgonagall stood before them, taking in the once spotless classroom that had now looked like someone vomited confetti.

"Would one of you like to explain what is going on here?"

Speechless and stuck in their spots, they pointed towards each other while maintaining contact with the fuming Professor.

"Do I really need to say it?"

"Detention." They grumbled simultaneously.

~~~

"So Rosie, would you like to explain to me and Lils what you and Scorpius were doing during the party last night?"

"Not particularly." Rose couldn't really even if she wanted to. Most of the night had been a blur and the only thing she remembered were a pair of painfully alluring silver eyes. Ironically, that was the last thing she wanted to recall. She woke up earlier this morning in her dorm, her head throbbing. Then, she went to the prefects meeting they had before classes- which led to the painting incident. And here she is now, sitting in the Gryffindor table, eating her toast, and being interrogated by her two cousins.

"And why not?"

"Because nothing interesting happened." She lied.

"Really now? That's funny because Malfoy told us that you were drunk out of your mind."

"Okay so I had a couple of drinks. Didn't everybody?"

Dom waved her hand dismissively. "That's not what I'm talking about. Why did Malfoy help you? What happened to being arch nemesis?"