5th year:

Rose felt something hit the back of her head. Turning around, she glared over at the two Slytherin boys snickering in the back of the classroom. Just ignore them. Pay attention to the professor. A couple more balls of paper flew at her and she tightly gripped her quill. Just a couple more minutes and class is over. Don't give them the satisfaction of getting to you.

"That's it for today's lecture. Please make sure to turn in your essays tomorrow, there will be no excuses."

Chatter filled the classroom as people packed their stuff and left. Rose strode down to the back of the classroom with a fistful of crumpled paper balls.

"I believe this belongs to you." She hissed as she shoved it into Malfoy's chest.

"Could you be a dear and throw it away for me? You see, my legs a- ow." He smirked down at her as she stomped on his foot.

"Albus, I can't believe you joined this ferret's tactics." She glared over at her cousin and he shot her an apologetic smile.

"Hey, I didn't do anything. I was just watching."

"So much for family." She grumbled and turned to leave. They quickly caught up to her and walked down the corridor. She tried to put a reasonable amount of distance between her and Malfoy but each time she drifted away, he only walked closer.

"You should have seen your face. You looked like you were about to snap your quill." Al laughed as he fell into step with her by her other side.

"Goes to show just how insufferable that troll is."

"That troll can hear you." Malfoy drawled.

"He didn't seem to when I told him to stop throwing stuff at me." She turned her head to glare at him.

"That's a fair point." Al admitted.

"Why are you two following me anyways?"

"In case you forgot, we have herbology together." Malfoy scoffed.

"Oh how wonderful. Hey, I have an idea. Why don't we all sit together too!" She remarked sarcastically while rolling her eyes.

Albus and Malfoy shared a look. When they entered the classroom, Rose had started to walk to her normal seat but was pulled back.

"Hey! What-"

"I thought we were sitting together." Malfoy smirked as they dragged her to the back of the classroom.

She looked down at the empty seat next to Malfoy. Al was sitting in the last desk nearest to the wall with Malfoy next to him.

"Move."

"No. I always sit next to Al."

"Well, if I am being forced to sit with you two dimwits I should at least be able to sit next to my cousin."

"He's my best friend." He smirked.

"I- that doesn't mean anything! He's blood."

"Alright class, settle down and take your seats."

Rose glared down at him and sat down. "You better not try anything."

Five minutes went by as their professor explained Gillyweed. In those same five minutes, Rose realized that maybe this wasn't going to be as bad as she thought. Until, she felt something nudge her foot.

Her head snapped towards him, but he scribbled something onto his parchment.

Then another kick.

"Stop it." She hissed.

"Stop what?" Rose could tell by the way he tried to hide his smile that it was him.

Kick.

Grabbing her quill, she slammed it down on his hand.

"What was that for?" He whispered, gently rubbing his punctured hand.

"For kicking me."

"My leg bumped into yours by accident."

"Four times?"

"How rude. You know I suffer from ADHD."

She snorted and rolled her eyes.

"Miss. Weasley and Mr. Malfoy, do you have something you'd like to share with the class?"

They both looked up at professor Longbottom, shaking their heads.

"Good. Then please pay attention."

"Yeah, pay attention Weasley." Malfoy whispered while copying down the notes.

"Me? You're distracting me." She hissed.

"I know my looks are very distracting but- ow!"

Rose smacked the back of his and smiled smugly when he rubbed over that spot.

"You really do have a knack for abusing me, Rosie."

"It brightens my day."

"Glad to be of service."

The rest of herbology seemed to go by fast, as Rose and Malfoy spent most of it bickering and Al watched in amusement. The bell rang and she was so busy arguing with him that she didn't even notice.

"Congratulations, that is the stupidest thing that has ever come out of your mouth."

"It makes sense. You're just mad you haven't thought of it yet."

"Oh you're totally right. I'm fuming that I don't look stupider than a troll."

"Okay, okay. Let's go, you two." Al rolled his eyes and dragged them out. "Me and Scorp have quidditch practice soon. I'll see you later, Rose."

"Bye Rosie!" Malfoy called out as they walked away.

"Don't call me that!" 

♥️♥️♥️

This was a quick chapter but it's also the last 5th year chapter! The next chapter will be at the burrow and then things will get interesting. Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote, share, and follow =)