First Year

The sun had just begun to rise. In the Weasley Burrow, things were as hectic as an uncontrolled circus, luggages were flying across the room, yelling filled the atmosphere, and more than 20 people were frantically running around looking for their belongings. A small girl with frizzy orange-amber hair was being rushed to finish her cereal while the rest of the family stuffed their bags into the car. Miraculously, the whole Weasley and Potter family managed to fit into just two cars.

They finally arrived at Platform 9 and ¾. After many goodbyes and tears, Rose Weasley got out of her parents tight grasp.

"It feels like just yesterday we first stepped here. Remember Harry's face when he found out we had to run into the wall?" Ron said. Hermione too, began to recall her first memories here. They found Harry, Rose's Uncle, rushing towards them from the opposite side.

"Rosie! There you are, we've been looking for you!" A lanky boy with unruly, jet black hair, and glasses way too big for his face came running up to her. Albus Potter. Son of the Harry Potter. His parents, Harry and Ginny were coming shortly behind him, scolding him to slow down.

"Al! Can you believe it! We're going to be first years!"

"I know right! I can't wait to be sorted. I'm going to be in Gryffindor for sure!"

"Me too. I just know I'll be top of my year."

The two ten year olds continued their talk, excitement radiating off of them. Beside them, their parents conversed of their old memories. Oh how time goes by. Suddenly, Ron's face changed into an ugly sneer.

"Look, it's Malfoy."

Just a few meters ahead of them was a tall, proud, family of three. The tallest, had platinum blond hair, neatly brushed back. He was in a dark suit that was clearly tailored just for him. Next to him was a slightly shorter woman, with long golden hair cascading down her back. She looked much friendlier than her husband, whose lips were pressed into a tight line. And standing in the middle was a boy, just about the age of all the other first years. He had platinum blond hair, just like this father, only it was ruffled up as if he just ran his hand through it. He has sickly pale skin, and a lanky figure. Some people whispered to themselves as they passed this family, however they did not look fazed. Ron glared at the man and his boy before Hermione curses at him for his rude behavior.

"What? I mean look at him. I can practically feel his ego slithering up my back. How could he even show his face here after h-" Ron's remark was cut off by Hermione once again lightly slapping her husband.

"Ron! You are setting a bad example for the kids!"

By then, this conversation has already captured the attention of Rose and Albus. Both of them were blandly staring at the family ahead of them.

"Stop it! Staring is rude!" Whispered Hermione.

Ron bent down to his daughter's level and said, "Do you see that boy there? He's a Malfoy. Now remember what I said about his kind. They are no good and will only look down on you. Now you stay far away from him, okay?"

This was easy for Rose to process. Her whole life she has heard stories about the Wizarding War and she knows that the Malfoys were death eaters. That spoke for itself and Rose was determined to stay away from him.

It was finally time to leave, and the train gave its last warning before departure. Rose, Albus and the rest of the Weasley-Potter children said their goodbyes and rushed onto the train. Considering that they were the last few to board the train, all the compartments were filled and Roses' older cousins abandoned them for their friends. It was just Rose and Albus now, searching for a compartment.