Summer At the Burrow

School was finally over. It truly was a relief for everyone, including Rose. As much as she loved learning new things, the poor girl was in need of a long, warm summer break. Every summer, the Weasleys and Potters spend a month at the Burrow. And here they were. Rose jumped out of the car and took in a deep breath. The smell of her Grandma Molly's cooking was probably the second best thing here. The first thing was the taste. Running to the short lady with equally orange hair, Rose dearly hugged Grandma Molly.

"Grandma! I missed you so much"

Molly laughed as she embraced the hug and prepared for the next kid to ram into her. Hugo sprinted across the grass and practically pushed the two over.

"Come in, come in. You guys must be starving!" Ron and Hermione followed shortly after, along with Harry, Ginny, and James.

As for Albus, he was hanging out with Scorpius at the Malfoy Manor. After a little convincing, Harry and Ginny both agreed that Albus could spend a week there with Scorpius, then both of them can come to the Burrow, where Scorpius could stay for a week. As shocked as they were to hear that Albus had befriended a Malfoy, their worries disappeared the moment they met Scorpius. According to them, Scorpius was nothing but courteous. When Ron found out Scorpius would be staying over, he flipped out. Well, that would be an understatement. Luckily, Grandma Molly and Herminone were able to calm him down. Although they were a little bit cautious of the thought of a Malfoy staying over, things didn't seem so bad when Albus' face lit up with excitement when they approved of the visit.

"Albus and Scorpius should be here in a couple of minutes." Harry checked his watch and then walked into his room to get settled.

"I can't believe we are letting a Malfoy step into this house." Ron huffed. "Have you gone crazy mom?"

Rose was on her fathers side and was baffled when she found out she would have to spend a week at her own house with him. But she decided it was for the best to keep her mouth shut.

"Oh hush! If Albus is mature enough to look past surnames, then so are we." His mom smacked the back of Ron's head to shut him up.

Just then, the two boys appeared at the fireplace. They were almost unrecognizable to Rose. Both of them had a major glow up, growing past their pubescent stage. They were both tall and lanky, but fit. Rose's eyes scanned past Albus and were stuck on Scorpius. His jaw looked sharp enough to cut a piece of paper. His white-blonde hair had grown a little, and it was messy and ruffled up. He was wearing some plain black basketball shorts with a loose white t-shirt. He had a thin silver chain hanging from his neck and many stone rings on his hands (they looked far too expensive to be worn inside this household).

Rushing past her, Grandma Molly squeezed Albus with her oh-so famous hugs. Malfoy stood next to them awkwardly looking down. He no doubt felt out of place. With everyone greeting Al and bluntly starting at Malfoy. Then Grandma Molly seemed to notice the presence of the boy next to Al.

"You must be Scorpius. How lovely to meet you. Albus has told us so much about you." She gave him a warm smile and led them to the living room with the rest of the family without giving him a chance to reply.

"Well, now that we are all here, I guess it's time for lunch."

Cheers erupted from the room and everyone rushed to take a seat. The table was filled with various kinds of homemade sandwiches and pies for dessert. Thanks were said and everyone dug into their meals. The room was filled with chatter; Harry chatting with Ron and Hermione, Ginny was yelling at her brothers to slow down, Fred and James were wrestling over the last chicken sandwich, Hugo and Lily were playing a game, and Albus and Scorpius were laughing over something. Then there was Rose. Glaring at Malfoy. The nerve of this guy. A couple of times Scorpius caught her eye but every time they met eyes, she quickly looked away.