Second Year

Albus Potter and Scorpius Malfoy have been getting quite popular throughout the year. Granted, Al had a bit of a boost being the son of Harry Potter, but nonetheless, these two have made quite a reputation. Albus was witty and quick with his jokes that never failed to make his classmates smile. Scorpius on the other hand, was rude and obnoxious. After his first year of getting pushed around, he had developed thick skin and could make a kid wet their pants with a single glare. Being a Malfoy, he wasn't well liked by the other kids but the Slytherins practically praised him. I guess you could say he lived up to the typical Malfoy expectations. Not to mention, both boys were found to have raw talent in the sport quidditch. Albus was an excellent keeper, scoring goals left and right. Scorpius turned out to be a remarkable seeker. With his speed and quick reflexes, he beat everyone else during try-outs. The two worked so well together, it didn't even matter that the other Slytherin players were just average. Together, Potter and Malfoy brought Slytherin back to the top of quidditch, right next to Gryffindor.

Rose was adjusting quite well to her studies, and found that she was good at chess. Like, really good. Her quick and clever thinking made her unbeatable in the game. No one dared to play against her and if they did, they would end up sorely losing. As for popularity, the family name only gave her a moment of fame before people began to realize just how boring she really was. All day and everyday, Rose spent her time in the library studying for the next exam. She really was her mothers daughter, considering how intelligent she was. She would be top of all of her classes if it wasn't for a certain blonde haired prick. Malfoy. As it happens, Malfoy turned out to also be quite smart. He was especially good at Defense Against Dark Arts, astronomy, and potions. Rose excelled in charms, history of magic, and herbology. Of course, this didn't mean that the other wasn't good at certain subjects. Both of them were top of their class, one just happened to be second best. That's okay, right? No. Second best wasn't good enough, and Rose was not going to let a Malfoy beat her.

Rose and Scorpius were always at each other's neck. It was apparent that these two would never get along, which made things hard for Albus. Whose side was he on, his cousins or his best friend? Neither. Albus liked to stay away from their quarreling, but he did enjoy being fought over. I mean, who wouldn't fight over him? It's Albus Potter.

The bell rang and Rose hurried to pack her stuff up. Besides her was her other cousin, Dominique. Apart form Albus (who had been snatched away from her by the evil Malfoy), Dom was the closest person to Rose. Her, and Ethel, a Hufflepuff in their year. The part veela flipped her hair over her shoulders and leaned towards Rose.

"Rosie, do you want to help me with my essay?" She gave Rose her best puppy eyes and prayed to Merlin she would say yes.

"No."

"What! Please! Pretty, pretty please."

"Your face doesn't work on me and you know that. Plus, I have loads of work to do. I need to finish those first."

"All you do is study. How on earth do you have more work?"

The pair walked out of their transfiguration class to the dining hall for lunch. The smell of roasted pumpkin soup creeped around the walls and Rose was determined to get to the table first before her cousins hogged it all up. Not paying attention, Rose rounded around the corner and felt something warm and gooey splash on her. Pumpkin soup. Perfect. Rose didn't need to look up to see which moron bumped into her. The snicker said it all.

"Watch where you're going Malfoy!" Dom ran to get napkins to clean up the mess.

"Sorry." More muffled stickers filled the room as Scorpius tried to stop laughing for his Al's sake.

"Geeze, sorry Rose. I didn't see and it kinda just slipped out and well..." Albus looked down and smiled at her sheepishly.

She sighed and charmed herself clean. It was a quite useful spell she had just learned. She was especially thankful she mastered the charm too, because Merlin knows how embarrassing it would be trying to charm herself for a good five minutes with pumpkin soup dipping down her robes.

"Hey, at least it matches your hair." Malfoy smirked down at her and she felt an urge of anger. Calm down. Don't give him the satisfaction of getting to you. Too late.

"YOU LITTLE FERRE-"

"Miss Weasley. Is there a problem?" Professor Mcgonagall waved her wand around and cleaned up the surrounding mess of orange goo.

"No, Professor Mcgonagall. I just...fell." She glared at Albus who in return gave her an encouraging smile.

"So do you always wear pumpkin soup? I have to say, it has quite the smell."

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again."

"Good. Now go sit down with everyone else and eat your lunch."

Great. Now she was the laughing stock of the day. Yes, it was Albus who spilt the soup on her but she had a feeling Malfoy knew exactly what was going to happen. The little ferret probably planned this out just for her mortification. 

♥️♥️♥️

This chapter basically sums up their 2nd year at Hogwarts. This chapter was much shorter but now you guys know that Albus and Scorpius are best friends and Scorpius and Rose strongly dislike each other. Comment, follow, vote, and share! Let me know what you guys think =)