5th Year: The Quidditch Game

Breakfast in the dining hall was especially chatty today. People in all different houses were betting money on who was going to win the quidditch meet today. James, Fred, Hugo, and Lily huddled up, whispering their plans. Rose rolled her eyes and took in a spoonful of her cereal.

"Don't you guys think you're being just a little bit dramatic about all this? I mean it's just a game."

Her cousins gasped at her lack of enthusiasm.

"Just a game? This is our dignity we're talking about. There is no way we're losing against Slytherin." James said, before whacking Fred's head for not paying attention.

"They're not even that good. The only reason why they're winning is because they have Malfoy and Al." Fred added.

It was true. Albus' strong arm and quick aim made him one of the best chasers in the school. And Malfoy was known for his pure talent as a seeker. He was fast and had quick reflexes, giving him the ability to go full speed while avoiding obstacles. The only other person on his level was James Potter and the two had often interchanging wins. Without those two, Slytherin wouldn't even be at Gryffindor's level, which goes to show how good they really were. Gryffindor, on the other hand, had a pretty good team.

Rose looked up from her soggy bowl of cereal. Involuntary, her eyes picked out a shock of white-blonde hair. Malfoy was sitting next to Albus, hurriedly talking about something. Probably quidditch. Albus was the captain of their team, and he and Malfoy took this just as seriously as her cousins.

When breakfast ended, everybody rushed outside and took their spots on the stands. Rose and Dom made sure to hold on to each other as they followed along into the bustling crowd of red and gold.

"Who do you think is going to win?" Dom asked while brushing out her golden locks.

"Gryffindor, hopefully." Even though Rose couldn't give a care in the world for such a stupid game, she still had her house pride. Plus, she would've loved to see Malfoy in defeat.

"Gooodd morning Hogwarts! Who's ready for the Gryffindor versus Slytherin game?" A boy using the voice enhancing spell called out. He was the usual stadium announcer they had for all the games the past couple of years.

Cheers erupted from all sides of the bleachers.

"I said, WHO'S READY FOR THE GRYFFINDOR VERSUS SLYTHERIN GAME!"

Everybody screamed as a response, waving around their banners and signs.

"That's what I thought. Now here comes the time you've all been waiting for! Drum roll please."

Everybody stopped their feet in a rhythmic manner while the both teams slowly walked out.

"AND FROM GRYFFINDOR'S TEAM WE'VE GOT MCDONALD,WEASLEY, GREEN, JORDAN, WEASLEY, WEASLEY, ANDDDD POTTER!" Cheers erupted from Rose's side of the stadium and they flashed their red and gold banners.

"COMING OUT FROM SLYTHERIN'S TEAM, HERE COMES GOYLE, CRABBLE, TALLY, ZAMBINI, FLINT, POTTER, ANDDDD MALFOY!" The green and silver side roared as their team flew up into the air.

Taking their positions in the sky, the game had started.

"Looks like Gryffindor's up to a good start with ten points! MCDONALD SHOOTS AND...BLOCKED BY TALLY! OH HERE GOES THE UNBLOCKABLE POTTER SHOOTING AND...HE MADE IT! THEY ARE NOW EQUAL, WITH TEN POINTS EACH."

The game went on for about twenty more minutes and each time one team scored, the other managed to catch up. Albus continued scoring goals while bludgers were thrown across the pit. Luckily, he didn't get hit but at this point, he was the only person they were aiming for. If they brought him down, they might just have a chance.