Forth Year

After the incident at the Burrow, Rose and Scorpius didn't say a word to each other. In fact, they avoided each other like they were infectious. In the beginning of 4th year, however, things changed. No, they did not fall in love with each other. Quite the opposite really. It became clear to every student and teacher at Hogwarts that these two were enemies. Always competing, they fought to be the top of their classes, and quarrels. Nasty exchanges often resulted in charming each other and detentions.

But 4th year was coming to an end and the end-of-the-year ball was just around the corner. Albus already had his date- a pretty blonde Ravenclaw with tanned skin and glasses. Scorpius decided to go with Alexa Yaxley, although he had a large audience that begged to go with him. Rose Weasley, did not have a date. Yet.

As she settled in for an hour lecture in History of Magic, she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"Hey. I'm Jacob." Rose looked over her shoulder and recognized a Hufflepuff boy she had a couple of other classes with. He had brown hair and a baby-face that made him look like a pretty nice guy.

"Oh, hi. I'm Rose." She flashed a friendly smile.

"I know who you are."

She chuckled. "I hope so. We have a couple of classes together."

"I...your hair is really pretty."

"Oh, thanks." An awkward silence surrounded them and she was thankful when the professor walked in, giving her an excuse to turn away. The lesson went by pretty slow for her, considering how she already studied the material on this lesson. When class was over, she walked towards the door but was blocked by the same Hufflepuff from before.

"Excuse me."

"Wait! I mean...I have something to ask you."

"Yes?" Rose felt a little annoyed. She was going to be late to potions.

"Well, I know we haven't talked much but I was wondering if you wanted to go to the ball with me?" He looked extremely nervous and his pinks turned a dark shade of pink.

"Sure." Sure? Sure?? Why did you say that? I hardly know him!

"Really?! Oh that's so great! I was worried you'd say no at first but I'm so glad I asked! So I'll pick you up at 6 then?"

"I...uh...I guess?" What is going on? "Look, I really need to go, class is starting and-"

"Oh sure, yeah. Well bye Rose!"

At least I'm not going to the dance alone? She couldn't tell if this was a relief or not but decided it wasn't important enough to stress over.

Days passed and the dance was finally here.

"OMG! Why didn't you tell me you got asked out?" Dom rushed to grab her makeup bag while sitting Rose down.

"I didn't think it was that big of deal-"

"Not that big of a deal? Rosie you have a date! Oh this means so much to me. I'm so excited..." Dom rambled on while grabbing a brush and dusting Rose's face with powder. Now that she thought of it, this was the first time she has ever been asked out. Is he her boyfriend? No...he just asked her to the ball. Rose didn't know what all of this meant and it didn't help that Dom was yanking on her hair.

"Ow!"

"Sorry...Beauty is pain." Dom shrugged it off.

Rose decided to wear a purple, floor length dress. Dom claimed it fit well with her orange hair and blue eyes. Dom on the other hand was wearing a pale blue, puffy dress. She had to give it to Dom, she really knew how to put a girl together.

"You look beautiful Dom."

"Don't I always?" Laughing, the two girls set off to be met by their dates.

Rose met up with Jacob and she noticed he didn't exactly do much. Not that she was complaining, I mean, who was she to talk? But Jacob kept things as they normally were. His wavy brown hair was neatly combed and he still had that baby-face look. Dominique's date was a fellow Gryffindor boy, just a year above them.

During the dance, Rose found that Jacob wasn't half bad. He was kind and thoughtful and was good company. After almost two hours, Rose's feet were aching and she longed to lay down in the comfort of her bed and rest. Throughout the rest of the year Rose and Jacob had become good friends, and eventually, he asked her to be his girlfriend. Of course, she said yes, with no doubt. She liked him, and he liked her. They kept in contact during the summer through letters and short visits. Maybe this year wasn't too bad.

♥️♥️♥️

So if you read my original version, you know that this new guy will not be as good as Rose thinks he is. We all know Scorpius is better and scorose is elite. Anyways, one last year (which may be a couple of chapters) before 6th year begins and the story really starts! Don't forget to comment what you think, vote, and follow =)