Chapter 22

Rose fought to keep her eyes open as she shoved a spoonful of cereal into her mouth. Every now and then, she would underestimate the strength of her sleepiness and let her eyelids drift down- only to jerk back up before she fell off the table.

"Oh, he is just so amazing. I mean, I've never met anyone like him before. Personally, I've never been one for Hufflepuff's but Jackson is just so romantic. And you would think..." Dom rambled off as Rose nodded her head and smiled, trying to stay awake.

"So what's up with you?"

"Nothing much. Just tired." She yawned.

"Why? You went to bed around eleven last night."

"I don't know. I just couldn't sleep." Rose shrugged. However, this was a lie. She did know. Rose spent nearly the whole night tossing and turning, trying to clear her mind of the ridiculous throughs rambling through. Something was clearly distracting her- or someone.

Scorpius Malfoy.

No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't seem to get him out of her head. Now, contrary to what you may be thinking, this has nothing to do about his enchanting silver eyes or his devilishly handsome smile- even though those were the exact things that clogged her brain from thinking of anything relatively intelligent. In fact, if you ask her, they are pretty overrated. I mean, he's not all that.

"Hello? Earth to Rose?" Dom waved her hands in front of Rose's face.

"Huh? Oh, sorry. I just-"

"Zoned out?" Dom asked with a knowing smile.

"Yeah." She said sheepishly.

Dom rolled her eyes and continued. After what seemed like an eternity of Dom and Lily gossiping, Rose found herself once again, zoning out. That was, until the dining hall doors flew open, following with Albus and Malfoy striding in. They were laughing about something and headed straight towards the Slytherin table. Her eyes followed Malfoy as he sat down right next to Alexis Yaxley. She whispered something in his ears, making him slightly smirk.

Rose tore her eyes away, in hopes that the gut churning feeling in her stomach would disappear. Merlin, what was going on with her?

"She's doing it again." Lily whispered, looking at her cousin weirdly.

"She's probably just daydreaming about Scorpius Malfoy." Dom replied, dramatically saying his name.

Rose snapped out of it and glared at the two giggling girls in front of her.

"I can assure you, that would be the last thing I ever do." She glared.

"Oh, sure." Dom stretched out. "I mean, it's not like you were just giving him a sad pair of dreamy eyes."

"I was not!"

"And your study sessions? I wonder what's going on there." Lily perked up, sharing a sly look with Dom.

"Oh gee, I don't know- maybe studying?" Rose huffed.

"Uh-huh. Keep telling yourself that."

"Seriously, Rose. Look at him. You can't tell me he's not in least a little bit attractive."

The three girls looked towards the Slytherin table at the same spot Malfoy always sat in. He had his head tipped back with three spoons stacked on the tip of his nose while Albus meticulously attempted to place another one on top of it. It amazed her that those two morons had fangirls.

"You know, now that you mention it..." Rose drawled out, watching her cousins lean forward as if they have been waiting for this moment their entire lives. "Still no."