The Summer Before Fourth Year

It was another day at the Burrow for Rose. Everyone had gotten used to the presence of Scorpius Malfoy. Well, almost everyone. Ron and Rose were not particularly fond of the idea of Scorpius being able to spend two whole weeks at the Burrow, but in the end, Grandma Molly had the final say in the decision. Scorpius was already here, playing a game of quidditch with the rest of the family. The sun fell behind the mountains and it was around dinner time. Everyone gathered around the table, eating their food and munching away.

Rose suddenly felt a sharp jab at her shins. Looking straight up, she was greeted with a pair of silver eyes shining with mischief.

"Stop it." She hissed.

"Stop what?" Oh so we're playing the innocent act?

Mustering up all the strength she could gather, which admittedly wasn't much, she kicked him back from under the table.

Raising an eyebrow, he smirked and she knew her attempt to injure him had failed. Well, not all hope was lost. Grabbing a deviled egg from her plate, she managed to slam it into his foot, making sure he felt the warm gooey filling of the egg. This worked, and Malfoy's smirk turned into a disguised sneer.

"What was that?"

"What was what?" She gave him her sweetest smile, a smile she would only have if she was satisfied. Scorpius quickly grabbed a napkin and tried to wipe down his leg as discreetly as possible. So you want to play that game? So be it.

Rose gasped as she felt a handful of mashed potatoes slid down her leg. That's it.

One missed shot hit Albus and before they knew it, the whole table was at a full blown food fight. While the others threw food for the fun of it, Rose and Scorpius continued to focus only on each other. Rose managed to get a shot straight to his face, and Scorpius got it into her hair. Food was flying across the table in all directions.

"ENOUGH!"

Pure silence. Everyone stopped throwing food, and all eyes were on Grandma Molly.

"I have never yelled like this before. Do you not feel ashamed of yourselves?! Who. Started. It."

All eyes and fingers were on Rose and Scorpius.

"Unbelievable. Absolutely not. Not in my house. This silly rivalry has to stop. You two will go outside into the shed and clean it. And think about your actions while you're at it. Then you will come back in and clean up this mess. I expect an apology by the end of it."

"I- but he-" Rose was cut off by Grandma Molly's glare and she knew she should just listen to what she said. She walked towards the backyard door with her head down, her face as red as a tomato. Scorpius followed shortly behind her.

That stupid prick. He just had to kick her.

"Great job back there."

Rose could not believe this.

"Are you serious? You got us into this mess. This is all your fault."

"Me? Oh please, my leg bumped into yours. You came up with the marvelous idea of throwing food at me." Malfoy sneered as he walked past her to the shed.

She huffed and grabbed a broom to sweep the dusty floors. His foot slammed down on hers.

"Whoops."

"You- " Rose had it. She lunged towards him and caught him off guard, bringing them both down to the floor. This was her chance. Oh did he make her angry. I mean she must have looked like a madman but she didn't care. He had done everything in his power to make her summer ruined.

"Get off me! You're crazy Weasley!" Scorpius struggled to get her off in the tight space but ultimately, his strength overpowered hers and he got her off.

"You scratched me! What the- what's wrong with you?!" Malfoy looked at himself then back at her, half annoyed, half amused. Shes lost it.

"Me? What's wrong with me? You are insufferable!" She huffed, glaring at him. "I mean, you come here and act like an angel in front of our parents and you may have fooled them but-"

"Oh hush. It's not my fault you get riled up so easily" he sneered.

"You will only ever be a son of a Death Eater. You and your family are a bunch of disgusting, pure-blood, narcissistic, death ea-"

Malfoy cut her off and pinned her against the shed wall with a sharp glare. Both of his arms were besides her head so that the two were face to face.

"You watch your mouth Weasley. And keep your filthy blooded hand off of me." He hissed with so much venom, Rose almost forgot to speak. The two of them were mere inch apart, with cold glares burning through each other. Rose was filled with rage and has never hated anyone so much. As for Scorpius, well...his feelings were complicated.

♥️♥️♥️

This was a quick chapter with only 823 words. Sorry about that but it was only a description of one day of their summer. We can imply they did not get along for the rest of the week. As always, thanks for reading and don't forget to comment what you think, vote, and follow =)