Third Year

Rose never really had a real reason to hate Scorpius as much as she does. But this year gave her every reason to hex him off the Wizarding World. Coming into third year, Scorpius Malfoy had become obnoxious haughty. Maybe it was the attention he's been gaining from all the girls at Hogwarts. I mean, Rose wasn't the only one who had noticed the changes he went through. He no doubt was aware of this particular audience, which may be why he has had so many girlfriends within just the past year.

The quarrels between Rose and Scorpius had also intensified with this new boost of confidence. The two have been nothing but nasty towards each other, often insulting them and their families. From harshly bumping into her in the hallways so that her book bag would fall to sneaking a couple extra dragon hairs into her potion, he made it his mission to make her life as miserable as possible. Rose was never one to back down, which is precisely why she took every chance she got to charm him.

The following day, Rose had just gotten out of bed. While checking the clock, she yawned and threw one a clean, white button up t-shirt with the red and gold tie, plaid skirt, and school robes. That was the everyday look, and although Rose didn't care too much, Dominique certainly had something to say.

"It is disgusting how they expect us to wear these everyday. I mean, common. Who even designed this?" Dom held up her robe in disgust while Rose chuckled.

"Well, in case you haven't noticed, we're not at a fashion show."

"There are no excuses for this."

The pair walked down from the dormitory to the dining hall for breakfast. They met up with the rest of their cousins and Rose scrunched her nose when she saw James and Fred stuffing their face with chocolate chip waffles.

"You could at least chew with your mouth closed."

"Whajgatjk." James's response was muffled by the ten waffles shoved into his mouth.

Sighing, Rose took a seat and grabbed as many waffles as she could before the rest of them hogged it all. She didn't blame them for almost devouring it all; waffles were the best and Hogwarts never failed them when it came to soft, fluffy, delicious waffles.

Her eyes flew open as she remembered the transfiguration essay that was due today. "My essay! Oh no..." She threw her plate aside and dug through her bag until she found her textbook and parchment paper. She only had half a page written and needed to finish it before breakfast was over. Transfiguration was her next class. Scribbling down as much as she could, she almost lost track of time.

"Rose, what are you doing? Breakfast is almost over." Albus appeared behind her, looking over her shoulder. Of course, next to him was Malfoy.

"She's doing her homework. Transfiguration to be specific. Rose, you know it's okay to go a little easy on yourself, right?" Rose wanted nothing more than to wipe off the stupid smug face off Malfoy and slam it into the....breathe Rose. Just take a deep breath and breathe.

"I for one finished it. I mean it wasn't hard. Oh dear, are you having trouble with this subject? I would have thought such a subject wouldn't be too hard but I guess I have to lower my standards when it comes to you Weasley." Malfoy smirked down at her as he mocked her.

"I am doing just fine Malfoy. And if I remember correctly, I'm at the top of the class. But it's okay, you can always be second best. Just like in charms!" She remarked, smiling sweetly at him. His smirk dropped and he resorted to glaring at her.

"Wait wait wait. We had homework?" Albus looked between the two with wide eyes. "No no no no, you guys have to help me." He turned towards Scorpius and gave him his best puppy dog eyes.