Chapter 5 (Diner surprise)

"Hey, dad!" She said.

"Sweetheart, Oh how I've missed you! How's my favorite daughter?" The man said as he stood up from the table to greet his daughter. 

"Dad I'm your only daughter." She said in a serious voice. " But I've been better well, I can't wait to tell you about my experiences teaching." The teacher set down on the chair her father pulled for her and she thanked him for the gesture. 

Asami was very excited to see her father and share with him all about her new life teaching high school kids. 

The dinner went on for hours, they talked about many things. the conversation went from life, teaching, the company, eventually leading to her future and children ( Asami was not fond of that part but she quickly dodged the question). Asami helped her father with some projects for the company and the dinner went by wonderfully. 

"Well I guess it is getting late, the waiter keeps cleaning the table next to us. I think he is trying to hint that we need to leave." She said in an amused voice.

"I think you are right my dear. Well, it was very wonderful seeing you again. I hope we can have another time like this without a rest period of 6 months." He said as he stood up from the table to give his daughter a hug. 

"Same here dad, Ill see you when I see you. Bye, I love you." She said as she returned the hug. 

"I love you too sweetheart." The man said as she walked from the restaurant to her car. 

It is now late at night. Asami and her father lost track of time, It was now midnight. As she was keeping an eye on the road Asami noticed that she had taken a wrong turn and was now in an unknown part of town. It was not on the good side of town for sure, the teacher felt very unsafe until she stopped at a traffic light and notice a familiar figure struggling to walk across the street. 'What is anyone doing outside on these streets this late at night, that person looks either drunk or heavily beaten up. OMG!'

"KORRA?!" The teacher screamed as she lowered her windows to see her student about to pass out in the middle of the street. Her student did not seem to recognize her or anything at this moment. She parked her car in the middle of the road, luckily she was the only car on the road at that time, she got out of her car and ran to catch Korra. 

"Omg are you okay," the teacher said now holding her student in her arms. 

"huh... Miss Sato?" the student said weakly. 

Korra had bruises and dried up blood all over her body, it was like she was jumped or attacked by someone. The teacher saw that her student had on bandages around her hands and wrists. 'she's a street fighter? How, why? no wonder she has such large muscles. Stop it Asami she needs help, not you checking her muscles out.' 

"Alright, let's get you in the car. I'm going to take you to the hospital" 

"WAIT NO... AHHH"  the tan girl said in pain, might have a few broken ribs for all she knows. " Please don't take me to the hospital, I... my parents can't see me like this." The teen said looking straight into the older woman's eyes. 

 "Alright, alright I guess I can take you to my condo. I'll clean you up so that you can go back home, I'm not going to leave you here on your own." The teacher said as she was helping her to her car. 'Asami this a bad idea... she's a minor you can go to jail for this'. 

"ahh, let's hope no one saw me picking you up," she said under her breathe. luckily her student was already asleep on the passenger seat. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay Korra we are here, I'm gonna need your help getting you out of the car, I'm not really that strong," the teacher said as she made her way towards to passenger seat and opened the door.

"hmmm, it hurts to move," the teen said with a grunt.

" I know sweety but I can't pick you up all by myself," the teacher said attempting to do just that but was unsuccessful.

Luckily Korra found some strength and they made their way towards the elevator. Once inside Asami rushed Korra to her bathroom where she stripped her down and cleaned up her cuts and bruises. 'wow her bruises are pretty bad, they definitely look worse than they are'

When Korra regained some of her strength Asami finally spoke. "So how did you get like this, you can be honest I won't tell anyone. You can trust me" 

"uh... I don't really want to talk about it" the teen said with her head down. 

" Alright, all good, or at least I did the best I could do." The teacher said as she finished bandaging up the teen. 

as the teen stood back up she said "uh... do you mind if I stay here tonight? I don't want my parents seeing me like this." 

" Sure, I mean I can't just leave you in the streets all night. Just don't tell anyone I could get into big trouble since you are a minor." The teacher said as she walked closer to the student, she placed her hand on her shoulder.

" Well actually, I turned 18 today," the teen said with her head low, almost embarrassed. 

"Really? well happy birthday then" The older woman said with an excited voice. 

"Eh... thanks" The teen replied

" Either way, I could still get into big trouble with the school. I could lose my job" The teacher said in a serious voice. "Alright let's get you set up for bed, I'm sure you're tired from all that street fighting." She guided her to one of her guest rooms next to hers. Korra kept her eyes wide open just looking through the luxurious condo. 

The teen just looked at her in shock. "I'm not stupid Korra, I know those bruises aren't from being mugged or jumped. If you want to talk about it I'm always here to help."

"Thanks, Miss Sato, I know you are putting a lot on the line for me." The teen said 

"No problem Korra, you'll be staying here if you need anything my room is right next door. Goodnight" The teacher walked towards her room.

'WTF, I have my student in the next room and all I can think about is that she is 18 now. well, that's great, tomorrow is gonna be fun (note sarcasm).'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note 

Sorry, It took me so long to complete this chapter, ill try to do better next time. Please comment and tell me if you like it. I would love some feedback and suggestions. Thank you for reading.