Chapter 16 (Trouble In Paradise)

"hmm, Sami," The teen says as she snuggles closer to her teacher. She could never get over how right it felt to be this close to someone. It was like they fit perfectly together. Korra never thought that she would ever have such a connection with someone. Especially if that someone was the hottest, smartest and sweetest person in the whole world. 'How did I get so lucky'.

"Baby as much as I would love to lay in bed all day and just cuddle, I have to drop up some sketches for my dad today." The teacher said as she parted with the teen but not without leaving a sweet kiss on the teen's cheek.

"BUT WHYYYY!!!!" the teen said dramatically. 

"Because my father is counting on me to present these new models to the board, plus he wants to demonstrate to the world that he didn't pay millions on my education for nothing". The teacher said with a sweet smile on her face. "Speaking of that, have you submitted any applications to any universities ?" 

"UGHH COLLEGE" The teen mumbled against the pillow. This conversation was coming up a lot now that she was graduating high school. Truth be told, Korra wasn't really thinking about college much, she didn't need to repeat high school again, she didn't have a good experience the first time, why would she want to do that again?!

"Yes baby, I know you haven't really been given it much thought and I understand that but, deadlines are going to end soon. I just want you to get into a good school." The teacher said now sitting next to Korra rubbing her shoulder. She was trying to get the teen's attention. But when she did, she wished she hadn't brought up the topic in the first place. 

When Korra finally sat up and met Asami's gaze the teacher's smile instantly fell. The teen had sad eyes, ocean blue was now sad gray. 

"Look, I get it. You all want me to go to some fancy college, do something with my life and not be a disappointment." The teen said in a quiet tone. Asami almost didn't catch it all. Why was Korra acting like this? "Im sorry, I... Asami you're a brilliant woman with a bright future and im just some dumb kid you found on the side of the road one night beaten up. You're going to one day be this great CEO and make a difference in the world, while im going to be..." The teen stood up and wiped a stray tier from her face. She was Looking for her clothes from last night. 'Is she leaving?' 

All Asami could do was just sit there and listen to what the teen had to say,  why was she saying this all of a sudden? They had been together for almost a year now. "Korra" The teacher stood up and bragged the young woman's wrist before she could leave the room. When the teen turned around to meet her gaze, the teacher's heart broke. Korra was crying, she was beyond sad, for something that she had said. 'I didn't mean for any of this to happen.'

"Im sorry, You deserve so much more than what I can give you.' The teen said more to herself than to her lover. 

And with that Korra was out the door.

Asami stood there like an idiot. 

"what the hell just happened," The teacher said to herself, looking at the closed door. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asami grabbed her suitcase and stretches stuffed them in her car and drove to her father's company. 

It had been 3 hours since Korra left, 'did we have our first fight? was it over? should I call her, pick her up, give her space?' all of these questions were racing in Asami's mind. She was still in shock, surely Korra hadn't broken up with her, she loves her, it can't end like this, can it?

Asami found herself in the parking lot of her father's company, " Ill just text her" 

Text message