Chapter 11 ( Prom Part 1)

CHAPTER 11 ( Prom Part 1)

2 months later

Korra and Asami spend most of their time together after school. Korra would stay for tutoring hours almost everyday then they would meet up at Asami's condo and have dinner together. Today was in fact a different day for Korra. Prom night was approaching and she wanted to ask Asami to be her date even though she knew it would be unlikely, she still wanted to try.

"Hey man, haven't seen you in a while. Wanna go to my house after school to play some Xbox?" Kuvira said bringing Korra out of her train of thought. They were in the hallway making their way towards their last class of the day. Kuvira stopped in front of Korra when her friend didn't provide an answer. " Hey, are you okay? you seem out of it. Are you still mad at me for not letting you borrow my wraps?" she said leaning close to her friend's face.

"Huh? ... no it's not that." the tan girl said still lost in thought. " I just have a lot on my mind that's all, plus the wraps thing was a while ago, I don't even fight anymore and you know that," she said noticing that her friend was a little too close to her so she took a step back.

"Ah yes, your sudden change of heart. What is it then?" the older girls said while she stepped aside and wrapped her arm around Korra's shoulders as they produced to walk.

'Should I tell her, I mean she is my best friend of all time and I think she'll keep her mouth shut. I just need to talk to someone about Asami. I love her so much and I want to express it somehow, I need to talk about our relationship, or else I'm going to go insane.'

"So... have you asked any hot babes out to prom yet? I'm sure we can find some good ones this year, you with those muscles and me with my... well I mean you at me!" Kuvira said with much confidence.

'Yeah never mind, maybe I shouldn't tell her.'

"Well no... I haven't really, I mean there is this one girl but... never mind forget about it" Korra said trying to hide her blush.

"Oh is this that mystery girl that you keep sneaking off to every day, so do I know her? Does she go to this school? Is she hot?" Kuvira said now tightening the grip on Korra's shoulder. Korra just looked at her in shock.

"I- what? H-how did you k-know?" Korra said very surprisedly and a bit scared.

"Come on dawg, I've been your best friend since kindergarten. We are basically family, did you really think I wouldn't notice you sneaking around with this chick, plus it looks like she really changed you." The older girl said.

"I guess you're right, when did you start to think that though? I thought I was being careful." Korra said not realizing the last part she said which she hoped Kuvira did not hear.

"I mean I do have to say I had my suspicions when you turned down hooking up with those girls a few months ago. But then your parents started calling saying you said you were with me when we haven't hung out in weeks. By the way, I'm still mad about that, what happened to "Bros before Hoes"?" Kuvira said a little devistaded

"It's not like that, I just really like her," Korra said with a sigh.

"Anyway, now that you confirmed it, tell me everything. Also, why do you need to be careful, is she not out or something, don't tell me you are dating a minor? you know you can get in a lot of trouble for that." Kuvira said in shock.

"What no, I'm not dating a minor I-" She was interrupted by the one-minute bell, luckily she didn't have her last class with Kuvira so she could just slip out of that conversation. She did in fact have Asami for her last period and since Kuvira knew she had tutoring after school, she would not pry on her for an answer. They waved each other goodbye as they both entered their next class.