Chapter 68: Kneeling

-----Four's POV-------

It's been 5 days since Tris' first fear simulation, today she faces her second worst fear. So far she has faced drowning, kidnapping, crows pecking her, Being burned, Andrew killing her family and being kidnapped. All in that order.

Watching her go through her fears is like torture for both of us, I want to help her, so so so badly but I can't. No matter how much I want to I can't protect her, can't save her. 

Tris sits in the chair and as much as I love her, she looks horrible. Her skin is pale and blood stains her cuticles from her biting her nails down to their beds, dark circles lay under her eyes, she is drowning in baggy clothing with her hair in a messy ponytail and Her eyes are puffy from crying. It kills me to keep doing this to her, but I have to. As I administer the Serum and watch her eyes close, Wondering what fear she will face today.

" I love you Tris, Be brave" I whisper as her eyes close. Quickly, I press the electrodes to my temples and sit in on the stool behind the computer.

I see Tris in a house, I recognize it as an Abnegation house. Tris looks around the room frantic and starts to shake but when her Eyes catch the wall her face scrunches up in confusion.

The entire wall where her bed is, is covered in mirrors and when she looks at her reflection she sees herself in her black dauntless clothes. 

Where is this going? How is this her 2nd worst fear?

Suddenly a loud and angry voice fills the air,

Andrew.

Her head snaps to the direction of the door as Andrew screams " Beatrice get your lousy ass down her right now! I have a surprise for you"

I watch as tris' eyes widen in horror as she slowly backs up away from the door shaking her head whispering things to herself. Then out of nowhere she tilts her head up and strides over to her door,

But I don't miss the tears pooling in her eyes.

a feeling of...Defeat and helplessness washes over me as she walks down the stairs with tears slipping down her cheeks as she quickly wipes them away.

You can't help her, You can't comfort her or protect her.

Yes you can  a voice says in response

how?

you can shut the sim down

No I cant, she has to face the fear I say back firmly

Great now I am really going crazy

Yup

Shut it

I block out any and all voices and distractions as Tris reaches the end of the stairs and faces Andrew. 

Its then I gasp, with her,

As I stare at myself, kneeling on the floor beside andrew,

With a gun presses to my temple and blood covering my skin.

---------------------------------

IM SO SORRY ITS SHORT AND THAT I HAVEN'T BEEN UPDATING, I PULLED A MUSCLE IN MY ARM AND WAS UNABLE TO TYPE FOR A WEEK AND IT SUCKED!!!!!!

PLEASE COMMENT WHAT YOU THINKED OF THE CHAPTER AND WHO'S POV YOU WANT NEXT ALONG WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS YOU HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WORD COUNT 544