Chapter 54: Awake

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE READS, COMMENTS, VOTES AND SUPPORT! 4K READS IS CRAZY!!!!!!!!! I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD EVEN GET TO 100 READS!!!!

EVERYBODY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GO AND FOLLOW:

 @Divergent_1234567 ( Divergent_1234567 is now Echo_mha_64) and 64FourTris46 

Their books Deception and Emergent are PHENOMENAL!!!! Please Follow them and vote on their books, Because I legit cant put into words how amazing their books are!!!!!!!! My brain is on Amazingness overload and it is hurting my brain how freakin amazing both those books are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Without further ado here is chapter 54! 

This chapter takes place in Tris's POV after chapter 50

---------Tris's POV--------

The moment I squeeze Tobias's hand back I hear the Chairs legs skid across the floor and a jolt of movement that shook me slightly.

" Tris!" He says his voice full of excitement.

I try to speak but nothing comes out of my mouth. 

"Tris I am going to be right back okay, right back!" He yells as I hear him sprint out of my room. The room is quiet and dark.

Well All I see is black, So I'm not really sure  what the actual Hospital room looks like.

I mentally sigh. I have been in this bed for at least a week......I think, Aw man I don't even know what day it is anymore.

Faint shouting and a high pitched voice, that could only belong to Christina Screams 

" THEN WHY THE HELL ARE WE JUST STANDING HERE LIKE IDIOTS AND NOT GOING TO SEE OUR BEST FRIEND!!!!" 

I smile but of course it doesn't show on my face and wait as I hear thundering footsteps coming closer.

Everybody zooms into my room so fast I swear I feel wind.

" Tris" Tobias says as he squeezes my hand. I squeeze back on impulse, my mind slowly clearing, like It was foggy before.

"I told you" Tobias yells

Shuffling sounds fill the room and I feel a small hand squeeze my other one, I, of course, squeeze back. 

"She squeezed back!" Christina squeals. Suddenly silence falls and I know longer hear anybody saying anything or moving.

What's going on?

"Whats wrong" Tobias asks his voice flat

" She's squeezing your hand, but she is not awake and she is in a coma" Will says, his voice scratchy

" So? She will wake up in a few minutes or something!" Christina counters

" What is it" Tobias says

" She's not squeezing your hands because she is waking up"

" Then why is she doing it?" Tobias asks

" It's called a Palmar Grasp reflex. It is a Primitive reflex and its presence in an adult is common with many causes of coma. It is usually an unfavorable sign, not a good one." Will says softly.

What? No.....Why is he lying?! Palmar Grasp reflex is diagnosed when you are infants, and patients would have history of the disorder if they had it. Not only that but It would have activated the moment I entered the comatose state. I only just started to have the strength and ability to squeeze their hands back.