chap16: the truth

All sorts of colours of light was flashing everywhere throughout the battlefield. Powers against powers, and good against evil. Or so they thought.

"Alright. Let's go."

Dahyun thanked the younger quickly before she held her hand. In an instant Chaeyoung dashed to where the enemies are. No one can see her running, too fast for human's eyes. But the girl surely could see the huge power orb sent towards their way.

She slightly cursed as she speed up.

Dahyun stared at the condition of the other team with a crunched face. They are no longer in a condition to fight. Some were bleeding badly, and some are even half unconscious.

"Unnie, we won't make it." Chaeyoung said.

Dahyun turn her head towards the massive orb and back to Chaeyoung.

"We will." The older reassured.

Chaeyoung wanted to believe her, but when she turn her head to the front, she saw the orb flying faster than before was was not a meter away from hitting the other group.

"Oh shi- unnie watch out!" Chaeyoung shout before taking a sharp turn to the right.

"What?" Dahyun was confused, but as soon  as the word rolled off her tongue, the orb crashed on the ground meters away from them and created a huge explosion, throwing them away of their tracks.

Chaeyoung and Dahyun crashed into a huge pile of debris, their backs hitting the rocks hard and blood soaking their clothes. The two girls fell flat on the ground, their body ached so bad that none are able to move. As theirblood kept running, their eyesight started to get blurry. The last thing they knew, darkness took over.

...........

Jungkook's pov

The power orb successfully hit the target, leaving pile of ashes as it disappears. None of the enemies are insight, which i assumed have all turned into dust. A proud smirk then made it's way into my lips as i turn around to face my teams.

All of them are cheering for me and Momo, although some have this terrified expressions on their faces.

"Good job, team. Now that the enemies have been eliminated we shall go back to headquarters." Yuria said with a proud smile.

We all nodded, before walking back to the jet. Just as i was about to enter, i saw Tzuyu frantically whip her head around. Seems like she was looking for something.

"Hey tzu. What are you doing?" I called.

Tzuyu then turn her head towards me, panick taking over her features. I raised my brow at her before asking the others to wait. All of them gave me a confused look but i just ignored them and went to Tzuyu.

"What is it?"

"Dahyun and Chaeyoung are gone." She said in a panicked tone.

"Huh? Wait. Now that i think about it i haven't seen them since the enemies are gone."

Just as Tzuyu was about to report to Yuria, Jihyo came over and glanced at the both of us with a questioning look.

"Is there a problem?" She asked.

"Dahyun and Chaeyoung are missing."

"What?!" Jihyo shouted. Tzuyu and i shot each other a worried glance before turning our gaze back towards our second leader.

She then dashed towards Yuria and explained what happened. Taehyung hyung, seems to pale at the news as he stood up and said something to the woman.