chap17: the truth

||Part 2||

"He is planing on taking over the world."

Everything went silent for a moment, that was until Chaeyoung suddenly burst out laughing.

The others stared at her with a deadpanned expression.

"What's so funny?" Youngjae asked. Annoyed at how the younger girl laughed at their leader.

Chaeyoung took a deep breath before wiping away the tears in her eyes. "And you say i watched too many fictional movie. Taking over the world? Are you kidding me?"

"It is as serious as it could get, you daft. Do you think he will gather you just put of no where?" Sowon snapped.

"No. He gather us to defend this nation from you people who are trying to destroy it." Chae snapped back.

"We're trying to destroy it? This is our home! Why would we do that?" Yugyeom argued.

"The only thing we're trying to destroy is that corrupted government. Not the whole nation. Do you think we're crazy enough to mess up a whole nation?"

"Obviously." Chaeyoung said in a 'duh' tone.

Mark was so done with her attitude and was about to launch at her but Bambam held him back, signaling him not to make a scene. The guy huffed before turning away.

"When you say he gather us to take over the world, could you explain more on that?" Dahyun asked after moment of silence.

"Well, as far as we know, he is a power hungry, abusive man. He won't even bat an eye seeing his people suffer, since he also let his family suffer." Yuju said.

"And you know all of that from?" Chaeyoung asked in a challenging tone.

Yuju raised her brow as she points at Sowon who looked away. Both Chae and Dahyun got confused before Umji said, "she is that man's illegitimate child. Did you not see what that man did to her and her mom?"

"He isolate them both at that swamp and even bomb her hut when she declined to join your team." Jaebum continued.

The two girls were left agape as they move their gaze towards the green haired girl. It can't be true can it? But they are saying the truth about the president bombing Sowon's hut without mercy.

"If that is true then.....are we working for the wrong side?" Dahyun asked. Her believes are slowly being wrecked.

The raven girl shook her head lightly.

"There is no right or wrong side. But sometimes a side has a believe will cause much more destruction and must be stopped. In the end, both sides hurt people to achieve what they believe is right."

"So tell me. Do you know what he's actually planing? What will he do to our friends?" Chaeyoung asked.

The others then move their gaze towards the girl who seems to be their leader. She sighed before nodding.

"It all started several years ago when a large meteor crashed into earth. At that time scientist found out that inside of the meteor was small stones that contains special powers. They did many experiments with it and found that all of those powers could be transfered into a human. They have tried many attempts but failed. That was until they realized that the powers can only be infused into children below the age of ten. That time, my parents were the researchers working for the government. As i remember it correctly, there were about 30 children kept inside of the lab for the test. I remembered my parents saying that the president wanted them to infuse all of the powers into one child. In short, he wanted to make that one child into a war machine."