chap20: the angel of destruction

"Oh~ lookie here, what's with all of your disheveled looks?" Eunha mocked with a smirk as she sat on top of the stacks of bleeding security guards bodies like it's a throne.

Taehyung shot her an annoyed look before telling himself drop to the floor, making the others fall with him.

"So, where are the rest of your team?" Youngjae asked as he kicked the last unconscious body into the mountain the rose girl is sitting on.

"I don't know." Chaeyoung breathed. "They told us to leave, saying they're going to do something dangerous."

"And you left them just like that?" Umji asked with raised brow.

Dahyun who has just finished healing her last unconscious friend chuckled. "Why not?"

That took the others by surprise. Dahyun was usually the nice one and hearing her say something cold like that shocked them. The said girl notice the way they are looking at her and instanly her eyes widens.

"Oh! I didn't mean it like that!" She waved her hands in panick. "I mean, why not, since they are stronger than us and if we stay there we will be a burden anyway."

"You don't really need to explain you know." Jaebum chuckled as he took a seat beside the pale skinned girl. This also shocked them since the ice bender rarely-almost never-smile. But he actually chuckled.

Taehyung narrow his eyes at him, glaring at the too close proximity between the two. But his glaring was stopped by a hand, wrapped around his shoulders. Tae turn his gaze towards the guy he remembered to be Jakson.

"Well someone's jealous." He smirked.

Taehyung's face heated before forcefully pushing Jakson's hand away from him.

"I must thank you for saving my friends, but doesn't mean that we forgiven you for killing us."

Hearing that Yerin scoffed. "We are not the only one trying to kill the enemy. Your team is mo different."

Taehyung was about to argue back when they suddenly heard a loud rumbling. All of them froze at their spot before slowly looking up to the building beside them.

"Is it just me or is the building seems to shake?" Mark asked.

"No.... I think i am seeing it too." SinB said, gulping nervously. Just as the words leave her lips, all of their eyes widens in realization.

"Oh shi- RUN!"

Dahyun and Taehyung quickly grabbed their unconscious friends before teleporting away from their spot, Chaeyoung grabbed some of the revolts' hands before activating her power and sprint towards where her friends teleported.

Just seconds after they moved away, the building collapsed like a sand castle leaving dust and debris in it's place.

"What the...." Yugyeom trailed off as he stared at the pile of ruins that was once a tall building. He dart his gaze towards the bloodied bodies of the residents that failed to exit the building as it collapse.

"Is that a part of your team's plan?" Yuju asked as she pointed at the once-to-be-building. "That was insane! I love it!"

Everyone gave her a deadpanned look before Sowon sighed. "Insane, i agree. Whether i love it..... Not so sure."

"And you say we were murderers." Jinyoung scoffed. Just as he said that, a not-so-feminine snort was heard, making all of them turn their head up.

Nayeon and the others were levitating towards them and soon they all are back on the ground.

"I am sorry but you kill thousands of people in one area. We only did that in one building." Nayeon defended. To which Jinyoung scoffed.

"Not a difference."

Sana rolled her eyes before clearing her throat, catching everyone's attention. "So, what now? We've escaped from the lab and all, but what will happen to them?" She pointed at her unconscious friends.

SinB shook her head, "don't know. But we will have to bring them to our leader. She knows more than we do."

"Right, now that you mention it, where is that butterfly girl and that hooded boy?" Jhope asked.

"In our base. They are trying to make the solution to you friends predicament."

The teens nodded, just as if on cue, a female groan was heard, making all of them turn their head towards the tied up Yuria.

"Well hello there bish." Nayeon said in a sassy tone, earning scoffs from the group. "Almost forgot your here."

Ignoring her comment, Yuria smirked. "You're too late."

"Excuse you, what?"

"I said you are too late. There is no saving them now." She laughed as she shot a malicious smirk towards the five unconscious teens.

The 2Cs gritted their teeth out of annoyance, but before they could do anything, thousands of men armed with power guns and army suit marched towards them- surrounding them in a huge circle.

From one side of the men circle, an old man with wrinkled face walked towards the teens as they all prepared themselves on a battle stance.

"Ah.... My children." The old man said, opening his arms as if asking the teens to embrace him. Though no one actually insane enough to do so.

"Children your ass." Sowon scoffed, disgusted at the sight of her ex-father. "You can't even take care of your own child, yet you call them your children? Hypocrite."

The president slightly frowned as he let his hands dropped beside his leg. "Ah.... So-Jung..... Long time no see. I thought you were dead."

"Yeah, all thanks to you." She snapped, her words dripping with venom.

The man then smiled before turning his gaze towards Yuria. "Well done, child. Now it's time for you to rest."

With a gesture of his hand, one of the army men raised his guns and shot the woman in the head. Her screams before death was deafening, but it soon died down as her body fell back to the ground, limp and ripped off of it's soul.

The 2Cs were frozen in shock. They thought Yuria was on his side, so why did he kill her?

But the revolts doesn't seem to be even a tiny bit shock-knowing exactly what kind of man he truly is.

"Now," He started, the sickly sweet smile still plastered on his feature. "Come and work with me. Together we will be able to change this world for the better!"

"And if we refuse?" Rm challenged.

The man's fake-warm smile instantly dropped and a malicious-almost crazed-smile replaced it.

"You die."

As if on cue, a soul piercing scream was heard from their side, making all the teens snap their heads towards Jin. He was writhing on the ground with both of his hands covering his ears. He screamed and screamed, deafening the whole area.

Nayeon and the others quickly ran towards him and grabbed his shoulder out of worry.

"No wait!" Yuju yelled, trying to stop them. "Get away from him!"

But before anyone could register what she said, a huge explosion erupted from Jin's body throwing everyone near him far away as blinding white light blinded everyone before everything became dark.