Chapter 53: The Collision

Trees were rustling from wind, birds were chirping somewhere among them, and somewhere far away you could probably hear guards training on their ground, but nothing reached your ears but his voice.

I yearn for you.

Definitely not a typical love confession that you know, but it was something stronger, something deeper, something more...and you felt something swell in your heart. And that swell almost reached your throat and rolled out of your tongue if it were not for the voice alarming in your head.

Do not attach yourself to someone here.

"I can't," you managed to stutter.

"What can't you?" Taehyung asked, his voice coated with gentleness.

You looked up at him, meeting his sincere eyes and you felt like a dirty crook who was betraying him with lies. Lies you couldn't contain anymore.

"I haven't told you everything," you mumbled, your voice small. "I'll be leaving."

That word seemed to catch Taehyung's breath.

"Where are you going? When?"

"Somewhere far away, soon."

"Southern town? At the border of this land?"

You shook your head. "Somewhere further away."

Not being able to see his eyes, you looked away at the potted plant that you probably will never see in its prime. "I'm hiding things from you, Taehyung. I'm not who you think I am," you whimpered, feeling your eyes water. You tried to pull your hands away from his, but his grip only grew stronger.

"That you have your memory back? Or maybe you never lost it in the first place?" He asked. "And that maybe you're from the future?"

You snapped your head back up with widened eyes. How did he know? What did he know? How much did he know? You felt all your energy drain from your body, knees weak, and maybe everything was over. You stumbled back, wanting to run away to anywhere but here and disappear, but the tight grip of his wouldn't let you go.

"I know you have your secrets. I understand that you have a reason behind it," he started, his voice calm. "But that doesn't pull me away from your gravity. I know you for who you are, and that is enough for me."

Your lips quivered, you felt your heart shake as much. You couldn't ignore the truck of emotion that was hitting you severely, but the ache resided.

"I can't," you muttered almost in a sob.

"It's not what you can't, y/n. I want to hear what you want," he brushed his thumb on the back of your hands ever so gently.

You shook your head weakly, it was a barely there protest almost giving in to the tenderness.

"Y/n? Your Highness?"

The voice startled you both, and you shot up to see Yoongi just entering the room. He frowned at the unordinary atmosphere whirling around you two, and you took the moment to brush past him, out of the building, out of the feeling that had almost smothered you completely.

You ran, not having in mind where you're headed to, and you stopped when you felt like your heart couldn't take it anymore. Anymore without air, anymore with overwhelming emotion.

Panting, you sat yourself on the porch of a house, as two voices collided.

Do not attach yourself to someone here.

It's not what you can't, y/n. I want to hear what you want.

You knew what you couldn't, but what did you want?

Yes, of course. You were from the future and he was from the past. You were to go back soon enough and he'll stay here. You'll go back and watch the path he lived as history. It was only selfish to act on your impulses, and there was no happy ending. You shouldn't want anything.

You knew you were doing the right thing by pushing him away, then why did your heart ache at the last sight of his eyes sinking in pain? Why were your tears betraying your resolution?

A sound of a footstep snapped you out of your thoughts.

"Jungkook?"

You looked at the man in black robe, his face more serious than anything you've seen.

"Why can't you, y/n?" he asked abruptly, and it took you a moment to register. He was there. He heard you.

"I just...."

"Is my hyung not good enough for you?" His words were harsh, and you've never heard him talk to you like that.

"That's not it!" You denied in a beat.

"Then? It's not about the status, is it?"

"I just can't," was all you could barely say.

A silence passed bitterly, the stagnancy almost suffocating. Then Jungkook spoke, your heart stopping once again.

"What if I told you I liked you?"

A/N:

What if I told you I liked cliffhangers? :D

(I'm pretty sure you know by now)