Chapter 25: The Encounter

The royal bath was—as its name suggests—a bath for the royal family. But as the three elder royal members had their own private baths, this particular bath technically was only used by the Princes.

But currently, all Princes but Jungkook have gone to attend their business in other states.

"I don't think I should be using the bath," you mumbled anxiously, standing in front of the huge wooden door of the bath house.

"Don't worry! No one but me can enter this bath right now. And for extra security, I'd be watching the entrance okay?"

Your restless words and his reassuring words went back and forth a little, which ended up in you pushing the door open.

The royal bath was lush.

First thing that jumped in your eyes was a wooden deck with a table in the middle and benches on its side—a place for people to rest, and on its side was a shelf to store your clothes while you took a bath. The room's ceiling was far above, creating a spacious feeling, and when you looked closely enough, there were wooden carvings on the wall and everywhere else, intricately designed.

Three steps down the wooden deck, a vast space, almost like a pond, was filled with milky-white water, its temperature evident from the everlasting steam rising from the surface.

Its surroundings were covered with greenness, huge rocks sinking in the water itself that was helping to create an interesting visual effect, giving the place a rather natural feeling, confirmed by the natural ceiling—the blue sky above.

You had been to a few public baths before in your original life, but you had never seen anything as magnificent as this. Impressed, you sighed in awe before you started undressing yourself.

When you gave in to Jungkook's persistence, you were still slightly hesitant. But now that you had agreed, making Jungkook wait for you outside, and seeing an opportunity to have this bath all to yourself, you couldn't ignore the excitement in you.

And perhaps that excitement was what made you overlook the purple robe neatly folded at the very top of the shelf.

Keeping your white undergarment robe on, you stepped in the milky water. With just a foot in, the warm temperature transcended through your entire body, making every fibre in you loosen.

The water surface reached your thighs, but it didn't take long before you immersed yourself up until your shoulders. You closed your eyes and sighed unconsciously.

You felt like all your stress and worry were dissolving in the water.

After a good moment of relief, you decided to look around the space a little more. You noticed a waterfall taller than you at one end.

What doesn't this bath have?

You chuckled internally, approaching it slowly.

Soon enough, you noticed a figure behind the waterfall, walking out.

You gasped. Covering your mouth with both hands, backing slowly behind the rock nearby. Jungkook had clearly told you that this bath was only used by Princes and no one else. With all Princes gone, how could there be someone?

Holding your breath, you stared at someone emerging from the waterfall.

A topless man appeared within steam, raking his long hair the colour of a night sky. A strand draped on his firm bare chest, dripping water on his well toned abs. His cheeks slightly rosy from the heat did not diminish the person's handsomeness in the least bit, instead giving it a touch of wet allure.

It was Taehyung.

He was supposed to be on the expedition, why was he here?

You almost let out a small scream if not for your hands covering your mouth from earlier on. Definitely a loud one that will blow your cover if he wasn't wearing trousers.

Trying to ease your pumping heart, you couldn't move an inch for a moment, and stared at him.

He was beautiful as always. Maybe more so as droplets of water rolling on his body reflected the mellow afternoon light—the person looked surreal.

But what made you stare at him was his frail eyes that were looking down. Unlike the strong and rigid Taehyung you were used to seeing, this person in front of you seemed like he was bare and fragile, like he would disappear with a blow of wind.

You could see strands of droplets running down his cheeks. His face was wet. One could obviously argue that he was in a bath, and his entire body was wet, so was his face. But somehow in your eyes, he looked like he was crying. His eyelashes that curtained his dark orbs looked like they were trembling.

However, soon you realised that you better escape before he finds you here. Taking the advantage of him standing where he was and looking down, you slowly backed away behind the rock, towards the deck.

Luck probably wasn't on your side at all when a bug unexpectedly flew towards you and you let out a yelp.

"Who's there!?" Taehyung snapped towards your direction, and approached quickly. With no room left to hide, you decided to stand up and run.

Adults don't tell you 'do not run in the shower/bath' for nothing.

Precisely because one would slip their feet on the wet floor—which was what you were demonstrating currently.

You were expecting a huge splash from your entire body falling, but what reached your ears was a warm breath of someone else.

"Y/n?"

The first thing that jumped in your eyes was a smooth but firm chest only an inch away. Then you slowly traced your eyes up, to his masculine adam's apple, to his sharp jawlines dripping with water, to his shapely lips and finally to his captivating eyes.

You were in Taehyung's arms.

A/N:

This book will contain angst, fluff and longing but never a smut lol

This chapter is probably as naked as they can get.

So please feel safe to keep on reading :)