Chapter 67: The Testament

It was black and white. It was a second and eternity.

The next thing you knew, you were sitting at the bottom of the tree. The sacred tree looked familiar, as if 700 years of aging cost nothing on it, but the plum tree forest that surrounded it had vanished, replaced with a parking lot and a wall that surrounded the museum. Oh, the museum.

You were back.

You weren't sure if your brain was working to process all the information, or it was frozen forbidding itself to work. Amidst of confusion, you heard a voice.

"Y/n! There you are!"

It's familiar. Familiar yet missed.

"Jimin...?"

Jimin walked out of the museum towards you, frowning.

"The break is over. The tour is about to resume, come on," he prompted, holding your wrist to guide you back.

You let him drag you, still dazed, until you remembered someone.

"Yoongi!"

You flipped your head to check on the tree, but there wasn't a shadow.

"Who's Yoongi?" Jimin questioned, but you were too confused to hear it out.

Back in the museum, everything seemed to be the same as how you remembered from months ago. Jimin was eager to listen to more stories about the dynasty, the curator still looked lacking with his hair, and the crowd of students looked uninterested. As if nothing had happened.

As if it was all a dream. Was it all a dream?

Perhaps a person called Yoongi was never there. Just like Taehyung, Jungkook and everyone else was just an imagination. All those months, trying to adjust to the Chunan era was just a hallucination.

The curator resumed his talk, but nothing reached your ears. Your eyes moved about in confusion, until they came across a purple fan, locked behind the glass for display.

700 years had made the fan age; dusted, worn out and it's lush purple colour had faded. But it was definitely the fan Jungkook gave Taehyung as his birthday present.

Your breath was caught up in your throat when you noticed there was something next to it. Something that wasn't there before, but now it was.

A jade ring.

Frozen at the spot, Jimin walked over to you. "Have you finally realised the beauty of 'just artifacts' now?"

Noticing you weren't responding, he trailed his eyes to where yours were fixed. Confused, he threw his glance back at you, who had two hands on the glass, dazedly staring at the object. Then he noticed something.

"Is that a jade ring on your finger? Since when were you wearing that? And why does it look awfully familiar with the one in here? Y/n, can you hear me—"

It wasn't a dream.

It could never be a dream, when you could hear his deep timbre next to your ears, see the deep colour in his eyes right behind your closed eyes, feel his heat tingling on your skin, smell his scent tickling your nostrils. Taehyung was engraved in every sense of yours, every fibre of yours, every heartbeat of yours, and how could something so burnt vividly in you, be a mere imagination?

Your cheeks felt wet. Your vision blurred. Your throat soured.

However real it was, he was gone. Taehyung wasn't here anymore. And will never be.

Just like a mere imagination that could vanish in thin air, he was gone.

A/N:

Apologies for how short this is, but I needed to cut it here for the next/last chapter...hopefully I won't take too long!