Chapter 43: The Instinct

"I did warn you not to personalise this space."

Yoongi's unfriendly voice showered from behind you, which you, with all the practices you've had, grew immune to.

"I need good lighting," you replied to him absentmindedly as you watered the potted seed. There wasn't a better place than the veranda of the office.

Sighing audibly loud (which you were also immune to), he gave up on complaining and asked, "where did you get that from?"

"Taehyung gave it to me," you smiled fondly at the potted seed, visually only a plain brown soiled surface.

"Oh, the Third Prince," Yoongi bantered.

The emphasis on the 'Third Prince' was totally intended, and you turn back with a frown. "What?"

"I'm just warning you again, in case you forgot; do not attach yourself to someone here," Yoongi insisted in a monotonous tone, and it flushed your cheeks.

"I'm not!"

Taehyung was walking past the courtyard to the Bureau of Astronomy, in his hand was a bottle of manure that could help with the progress of the plum seed. His hand was just about to push the door when he heard a faintly familiar name.

"Park Jimin?" It was Yoongi's voice.

Jimin. That name rang a bell in Taehyung, not quite grasping the reason—until you confirmed.

"Yes, Jimin, my friend in the 21st Century."

Taehyung inhaled slightly, recalling the memory of when you two went out and you recognised a street dancer saying he looked like your old friend. Eavesdropping wasn't commendable, and definitely went against Taehyung's morale, but he couldn't help but to creak the door open slightly so that he could capture the two of you talking, while he intended to muffle his breath.

"I was wondering if they are related in any way?"

"Jimin is most likely the reincarnation of the dancer, then. People under the same star tend to have the same appearances when they do."

"Then will Jimin be a good dancer too?"

Yoongi shrugged. "Maybe? Not everything is the same."

You pouted, giving it a thought.

"...I'm telling you, do not ponder so much about things from 700 years ago," Yoongi sighed.

"I know. I'm just wondering," your mouth puckered more, this time from irritation.

"I'm just making sure such important things don't slip from your small brain," Yoongi taunted, patting your head in a mocking way.

You inhaled deeply, shutting your eyes tight. "I'm this close to making you unconscious."

"You must be dying inside not being able to touch me," Yoongi snorted, walking away lazily. "You need me to go back to the future, your original life. I basically hold your life in my hands."

The bickering went on, but their voices weren't reaching Taehyung's ears anymore. He quietly left the place, knees weaker than usual.

Reincarnation?

700 years ago?

Future? Original life?

What were they talking about?

His mind was puzzled. From what he heard, he would think you were from the future, 700 years ahead, and maybe Yoongi too. But that sounded ridiculous—it wasn't a fantasy story written for kids. Strange things do happen in life, but really, someone travelling through time was out of the context.