Chapter 64: The Double

"Just because your Taehyungie doesn't pay attention to you, doesn't mean you can use me to kill your boredom."

"One, Taehyung tries his best to make time even between his busy schedules. Two, it's not like that. You know you do need to celebrate the royal baby too."

"Yeah, which is due, like, in three months? Aren't you too impatient?"

"There's nothing wrong with an early preparation."

You dragged Yoongi out of the Bureau one fine day to buy a gift for Misun's coming baby. There was a moment when she was cranky, feeling nauseous every now and then. Nobody could get away with a command of a pregnant lady, not even Hoseok, as you witnessed him holding up a bowl for her to gag while wearing a horrifying look. The sight of a rigid warrior looking helpless was comical, and you had a hard time hiding your laugh. Feeling sick was part of the deal with being pregnant, but more than the negative light, what you did see was how she had been glowing as her stomach swelled. You have never been pregnant, and you could never fathom the magic of a person carrying another life in her, even when you had the privilege to touch. It was truly miraculous, a cause one would never be able to grasp until they experience the very same.

The excitement urged you to get something for the coming life. On a whim, you thought of taking Yoongi with you, shutting your ears from the endless words of complaints he gave. You didn't even give him a chance to change his official white robe, but officials lurking in the city was common, unlike the case of a prince.

While buying a gift for Misun's baby was the reason for coming out, you thought it was a good excuse to take Yoongi out. He had been stuck with his work and in the Bureau with a sullen face since Seokjin's death. Since he wasn't the one to show, much less talk about his feelings, you didn't know if he was beaten for losing the entire purpose to take a risk and come here, still, you thought destruction would help him breathe fresh air. As much as Yoongi cared for you, you did care for him too.

"You know you won't be here to see," Yoongi muttered.

And you nodded, feeling regret whirling in you. By the time Misun delivered, you would be back in your original life. You wouldn't be able to see the much anticipated child. You wouldn't be able to see Misun glowing at her peak, witnessing her becoming a mother. Nonetheless, you still wanted to leave something behind for the two, even if your existence was gone by then.

"Can I get in here?" you asked as you walked by what looks like a general variety store. What caught your eyes was the intricately designed clothes for all genders and ages that were lined up outside, and it seemed like they had more to offer inside.

Yoongi shrugged, uninterested. "Do what you want, I'll be here."

From his crossed arms, you figured it was better to leave him alone while you look around the shop yourself. He at least decided to wait for you—you hoped he meant it though.

The store was quiet compared to the store you knew, mainly of the Omo ahjumma, not that you thought she was the standard. It was also rather dark only allowing small windows to let the light in, but with the adjustment you soon found out the owner sat at the corner of the room. He was an old man with a rich white hair and beard, who gave you a small smile as a response to your greeting. In his hand was cloth and a needle, which clearly made a point that all these intricate needle jobs were his work.

As you had guessed, there were more pieces inside, and while you were used to machineries doing these tedious detailed designs, you were in awe at how a person could deliver such beauty.

After appreciating and studying his works, you decided to get two amulet bags; a small white bag for the child regardless of his gender, a slightly bigger peach bag for Misun, because that was what you imagined her to be—pretty cheerful peach blossom. You thought it would be a perfect gift if Yoongi would do a favour and provide you with an effective amulet you could store inside.

The old man gave you a timid smile for your compliments, and you left the store with a light foot. The street was slightly more crowded than before, but not so much to miss the sight of Yoongi. He was clearly not there. You sighed, half of you expected this to happen.

When you looked around and didn't find a glimpse of him, you decided to reach further, until someone caught your wrist and you turned around. The first thing you saw was his black robe.

"You are not from here," he said. "You do not belong here."

Oh the dejavu.

You would've slapped this suspicious looking guy's hand away if he wasn't Yoongi playing an awful skit.

"Yoongi, my dear, if you are thinking of changing your career to an actor, then forget it," you rolled your eyes. "You're doing an awful job."

You expected Yoongi to drop his acting or scorn at you, but all he did was stare at you intently. You gave him a confusing look.

"Uh, Yoongi?"

Then it came down on you.

Yoongi was wearing a white official uniform, not a black one. Yoongi looked about the same age as you, not ten years older.

Who was this?