Family First

Maurice bent down and kissed Rai on the cheek and rubbed her belly gently. He chuckled when she scrunched up her face, grunted and rolled over "I love you" turning off the lights and closing the door slowly he made his way downstairs. "Yo, I need you on this run. Grab Benjamin and let him know I'm switching y'all out today." Chris was excited and nervous at the same time. He really didn't mind protecting Rai, she had definitely made it more interesting the past few months. He also understood that Maurice trusted him with his life, so it only made since that this was where he would station him. Getting in the field and actually being apart of the action was exciting, but Chris knew that if Maurice was willing to take him away from his post this was a serious job. The only two people Maurice trusted to have his back in a situation he was unsure about was him and Ann, but since she was pregnant that ruled her out. "Hold up, let me check the security and I'll be right out." Chris headed to the basement as Maurice made his way to the white range rover sitting in the driveway. "Hey baby" Ann greeted kissing Maurice as he adjusted the driver seat she had just gotten out of. "Wazzup" he absentmindedly responded while occupied with his phone.

Benjamin: So I'm out on this one?

Maurice: This one came with "special handling" instructions. It's nothing personal.

Benjamin: Understood

Maurice: Ey, don't sleep on Rai. Them damn mood swings is a motha fucka.

Benjamin: Yeah, I know she can get antsy. She'll be alright.

Maurice: Good looking out.

"I see you switched up, why didn't you just ask me?" Ann spoke up. "Man....you sound foolish." Maurice commented as he smacked his teeth. "I'm serious, I'm barely showing and Im still very active. You need the best with you right now and I would feel better being the one to watch your back." Maurice squinted his eyes at her as Chris hopped in the back seat and closed the door. "All clear" he announced, then he sat back quietly after he saw the look Maurice was giving Ann. "Stop playing with me yo." Maurice put the gear in reverse and back out the driveway. "And put yo fucking seatbelt on, learn how to protect my child before you try to do anything else. Fuck out of here" Ann pulled the seatbelt over her chest and locked it in. "I'm sorry baby, you know I just worry about you." She stated while rubbing up and down his leg. Chris rolled his eyes and looked out the window, he had told Maurice he didn't think it was a good idea to get involved with a colleague. If he had someone like Raichelle at home he definitely wouldn't have fucked with anyone else, Maurice didn't know how lucky he was.
After driving for an hour they reached the safe house. It was an old warehouse and from the outside it appeared abandoned. The land around it was in bad shape because it wasn't kept up. The grass was was discolored and the gate surrounding it was rusted and falling apart. There were cracks and large potholes in the driveway leading to the building which made the passengers inside the truck bounce around until Maurice clicked the button above the visor opening the garage entrance. The ground was a little smoother inside the spacious area where there was 10-15 cars stored. They weren't concerned that anyone would break in because the area was monitored and had security 24/7.
After parking in Ann's designated spot they all got out and did a quick overview of the garage.

Ann was the first to make it to the elevator and she waited until the other two made it to her side before punching in the code to give her access

Ann was the first to make it to the elevator and she waited until the other two made it to her side before punching in the code to give her access. Once the doors were closed an automated voice response told them they were being surveillance and advised them to remove any head wear and glasses as a red light started from the floor and went to the ceiling taking images. Once the system registered their identity they were granted access to the main floor. "You may proceed". Chris and Maurice were talking on the way to the conference room when Maurice stopped in his tracks and turned to give Ann a hard glare "Where you going?" Tilting her head to the side "To get intell about the job." Running his hand down his face he took a deep breath trying to have patience with her. "You aren't going to be included in any jobs until well after you give birth to my child." He informed her through clenched teeth. "After you hit the 6 month mark you will be on a leave of absence and won't even have access to our territory, so go in the lounge or living area and relax ok, before I lose my patience." Flaring her nose and balling her fists she stared at him. "Yo Ann, I agree with him on this one. If I had a child on the way you wouldn't even be here now! He's looking out for the wellbeing of his child and you can't fault him for that." Chris decided to intercede, they were already 20 mins behind schedule because they swapped crew. They couldn't waste anymore time. Letting out a deep sigh Ann dropped her head and slowly turned to walk away. Maurice lifted his head to the ceiling letting a frustrated groan. He gently grabbed her arm and turned her back to him pulling her into an embrace. "I just want to make sure your safe." He kissed her forehead as she wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him into a passionate kiss. "Uhhhh...yeah, time people...time" Chris stated in a "matter of fact" tone while tapping his watch. As Ann watched the two men make their way to the conference room she called out "I love you baby." Maurice eyebrows creased together and he paused a min which acknowledged that he heard her, but since he didn't know what to say he just continued walking as if he hadn't heard anything. Ann was pissed. "Mutha Fucka!" She said to herself through clenched teeth and pulled out her phone to send a quick message.

Ann: This shit is not working your way! You need to let me take the lead from here on out.

She didn't wait for a response before she shoved the phone back into her pocket and headed to the living quarters.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
🥰😍😘❤❤

So I thought I'd give you guys a little peek into Maurice life. Got you thinking now huh? 🤔🤔. Did you already see this coming or did I just shock you? Hopefully the pieces are coming together for you now.
Hope your enjoying and as usual remember to vote, share and comment!!! Guys let me know how I'm doing!!