Doubting happiness

^^  Adonis (picture)^^

I was in heaven every time I spend time at the shop with my family. They pampered me like the queen I felt like( lol ). My mom and cousins had started a spa center where you could drop your kids off (which was run by Marie), get your and a pedicure done (run by Regina), get a fly hairstyle (run by Jean), and get a plate of your favorite soul food (run by Diane). My mother was the office manager, she handled the scheduling, paperwork, and finances. We were all living very comfortably. I had plans to open my own pharmacy so I knew when the time came I could get sound advice from them. Most of my paycheck went in the bank anyway, because of the way Maurice had things set up. I didn't have to pay for anything other than my car.

Eventhough I was able to spend with my family it killed me not being able to work. After hearing Maurice and my concerns she thought it best to put me on bedrest until my due date 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️. "So have you really been relaxing?" My mom asked as I was enjoying Jean oiling my scalp. I smiled big and began to chuckle. "No!, she been getting the nursery right and driving Maurice crazy trying to find reasons to rearrange the house cause she board." Regina chimed in. We all started laughing. "Yesterday we went to like six different stores looking for the party favors for the baby shower" Marie spoke up. I stuck my tongue out at her. "She was in here the other day making Maurice try every strawberry cake I had in the store" Diane added. "Oh my gosh y'all some snitches!" I  laughed and rubbed my belly "I gotta get ready for this baby" I said to my mom. "Nope, mm.....we told her we would handle it auntie, she ain't got no excuse." Jean said while she parted a piece of my hair. "Girl you are 3 centimeters dilated, unless you wanna give birth in a department store you better slow your roll miss missy" Lady scolded me. "You better start relaxing, gonna make me have a conversation with Maurice, hmm" I lost my smile when she said that. Unfortunately everyone noticed it. The only person that knew the problems I was having at home was my mom and her saying was "as long as your happy I'm not gonna step over your relationship." So I knew I could confide in her, but I felt like everyone else would judge me. "Uhn uhn...o saw that look." I squinted my eyes at Regina and she shook her head and pursed her lips. "What's wrong?", "What happened?", "What's going on?". They were all asking me and I sighed loudly stalling, trying to figure out how deep I would allow them to pry into my relationship affairs. "I mean, it's not really much, we just don't spend much time together unless we're having sex and we're arguing alot more lately." I pretty much summed it up in a nice little package, because I was feeling vulnerable about that subject. I rolled my, closed them and tried to answer the questions that came flooding in without putting them in messy relationship. In the middle of our conversation I got quite as I watched this chocolate man with grace and swag come strolling into the salon with his daughter holding his hand. (I assumed it was his daughter because she looked like him). My mouth was moving, so I'm sure words were coming out as they tried to pick my brain, but my concentration was on this chocolate man. He hugged my mom and signed in with her. Then he hugged Marie and handed the little girl over to her, hugged Regina, and Jean then bent down and hugged me "Nice to meet you beautiful". After he sat in the waiting area and turned his attention to his phone, I finally zoned back into the conversation. The whole time my mind kept wandering back to the way his cologne smelled when he softly hugged me. My energy must've been drawing him, because he slowly raised his head and smiled at me (it was beautiful). It made me blush and I dropped my head. I was Smiling like a school girl when my cousin said my name loudly. "Huh?" When I looked up Maurice was standing in front of me with his hand outstretched to help me out the chair. "You like it?" Jean asked, she's a perfectionist when it comes to doing hair and was always anxiously awaiting the response of her clients. "Its beautiful as usual, thanks cuz!" Maurice answered before I even got the chance to look in the mirror. Without thinking I looked to the chocolate man in the waiting area and he was already starting at me as if he sensed me. When he gave me an ok sign with his hand smiled I sucked my lips in to keep from smiling and turned back to Maurice. Thank God he was passing out tips as he usually did when I came to get pampered. We said our goodbyes and Maurice hugged my mother before placing his hand on the small of my back to guide me to the door. "See you ladies later, thanks again" he said.