So Disrespectful

"She is Maurice twin! OMGosh she so beautiful." Regina gushed as she played with Simone tiny fingers. Rai smacked her teeth "Tell me about it. Nine months of carrying her and hours of painful labor and she looks nothing like me." She shook her head. "Well..you know they say the person you disliked the most during your pregnancy is who your child will come out looking like." Gina said laughing. Rai raised one eyebrow "Well, it's safe to say he fit the profile." She responded dry. "She's still the most precious, beautiful little princess" Regina kissed the baby cheek. "Hey, keep them big soup coolers off my baby. I don't want her to get bumps on her face." Maurice said walking in the room. "Whatever...those bumps come from the hormones in the mothers breast milk." Regina said rolling her eyes. "Well even that is true, you got how many kids? I know your lips ain't virgin." Rai and Gina burst out laughing. "Here you are ladies, I made lunch." She said putting the tray with the food on the small table. "I know you haven't had a big appetite lately, so I made something light." She told Rai handing her a plate with a tuna melt. There's also some also a cucumber salad and lemonade." She picked up the empty tray and pulled some napkins out her apron pocket placing them on the table next to the other food. "If you need anything else I'll be in the laundry room washing a few loads." She told them as she walked off. "Girl..you are so lucky. I wish I could've had housekeeper after I had the kids." Regina told Rai handing the baby to Maurice so she could get to her food. "It wasn't really my idea, but I guess it does allow me to focus completely on Simone." Maurice smiled as he watched Rai bite into the sandwich. "What you smiling at big head." Rai asked him. He shrugged his shoulders "I told you it would be for the best." Raichelle phone chimed with a text message. She wiped her hands and mouth off with napkin and picked it up.

Cousin 😁: Hey you...how's motherhood treating you? I heard you had the baby.

Me: 🥰 hey....I love it, the feeling of her in my arms is undesirable.

"Whose that? Got you skinning and grinning" Maurice had watched as her face lit up and a huge smile spread across her face. "Oh, that's just one of my cousins asking how motherhood was treating me." She said shaking her head. "Hmmm..." Maurice mumbled and focused his attention back to Simone. She hadn't really been communicating with Adonis or Malik lately, she was too caught up with her life at home. During the day there was always someone visiting and in the evening she spent most of her time reading about baby care and new mothers. Norianne actually turned out to be a big help to her, because she didn't have to worry about cooking or cleaning. Except her room and the nursery, those were private areas that she felt Nori had no business in. "Rai would give Maurice a list of things to do the night before and he would give it to her.
"Babe I scheduled a photographer to come out and do family pictures tomorrow, you think you could get Jean to come over later and do your hair in the curls that I like?" Raichelle raised her eyebrows "Family photo?" She said as if she didn't understand his statement. "Yeah, I had matching outfits made for us to wear. I forgot to show you." He said playing in Simone curls. "Y'all gonna have that baby spoiled rotten, she don't never lay down. Every time I see her she in somebody arms" Regina said putting more of the salad on her plate. "Says the woman that only gave her to me to eat." Maurice commented and they all laughed. "Anyway, she's my princess, she's supposed to be spoiled." He bragged. "Yeah that's what you say now, till Raichelle goes back to work and yall can't get nobody to keep her." Gina said in-between chewing. "Oh she won't be going to daycare. Rai is taking a sabbatical from work until she starts school." Just hearing him tell her made her heart ache. She took a deep breath and put her head down. Her cousin knew of her dreams and aspirations and taking years from her career was not in her plans. Regina's jaw dropped and she squinted her eyes at Rai. "Seriously? Your ok putting your life on hold like that to be a stay at home mom?" Raichelle didn't respond, she felt if she opened her mouth the truth would come flooding out that the only reason she agreed was because she feared going against Maurice wishes. Now that he had their daughter to hold over her head she wasn't as willing to push him like she was before. "Why do you sound so surprised? I told Raichelle from the moment she moved in that she didn't have to work anymore. I allowed her to do it because it made her happy, but now it's the best thing for our family if she stays home." Regina sat up and waited for Rai to say something, but she didn't. "Allow" Gina scoffed. "How you gonna say you allowed her to follow her dreams. She worked her ass off in college so she could meet her goals and now just because she had a child with you they're just supposed to go down the drain? She supposed to drop them like a hobby? Rai...you can't be forreal right now!" She said with a frown on her face. Rai opened her mouth to speak, but Maurice spoke first "She's my wife. We've already discussed this and with all due respect we don't need outside input on what goes on in our home." Regina eyes got big and she nodded her head. "I see.... I apologize, I didn't mean to overstep. Obviously Rai is in agreement because she hasn't said anything, so I'll shut up about it." Maurice raised one eyebrow and nodded his head. "Now that we have that understood, Rai baby Simone is squirming I think she needs to be fed. "Imma go change her diaper real quick first." Rai getting up out the chair. She when she leaned down to take the baby Maurice kissed her. She gave him a small smile and went inside. Regina stood up to follow her, but Maurice stopped her. "Hey le me talk to you for a quick minute." She looked at him warily and crossed her hands over her chest. "Listen, i get that you love your cousin and all that, but I don't need you in her ear saying things to make her doubt the decisions we make as a family. I only want what's best for her and Simone, I love my wife and I will never steer her wrong." Gina lifted one eyebrow and smirked "You sound so sincere, and it's cute that you think that I alone have the power to sway your wife's decisions. Raichelle has never wanted to be a stay at home mom, she prides herself on being able to care for herself and has the mindset of a business woman. I don't what spell you think you have her under, but trust me...when she wakes up, you'll be certain she's the one that makes the decisions as far as her life is concerned." Maurice was not the type of man to argue with woman, especially his wife's cousin. He simply nodded his head and remained seated. "And you claim to have her best interests at heart, yet you the main one causing her pain. I'm only looking out for her, I thought we were on the same side, but I guess I was wrong all along." She wanted to tell him how it was her that tried to keep Rai in line when she was on the brink of cheating on him, it was her that always told her that even though things weren't going her way the moment she shouldn't play around on him. It was her that told Rai to either forgive him and move foward or move on instead of playing games. Regina waited on a response, but when she didn't get one she just decided to go ahead and find Rai. She had a good mind to call Lady, but she didn't wanna stress her. And if she did Raichelle would be pissed at her.