Impromptu dinner

Rai woke up when she felt strong arms pull into a muscular chest. On instinct she cuddled up and inhaled his scent, but it was different! "So you finally woke." Malik asked quietly. She lay still as the events from the past two days played in her mind. "Oh f***, I can't believe we just did that" she thought to herself. Now I'm just as bad as Maurice, how did I let another man touch me while pregnant. I came over here to clear my head and relax, now I've become the cheater, Smmfh. Malik broke her thoughts with a soft kiss on on her forehead. Tilting her head towards him and pulling back a bit "Maurice...ahhh Malik...oh God I'm so sorry." Malik sat up slightly with wide eyes " Uh it's cool, I mean..I understand." Scrambling off the bed and searching frantically for her things.  " I don't think..I mean we shouldn't..I'm sorry, I gotta go." Hoping off the bed Malik approached her slow and cautiously. "Woah, calm down. It's ok, I know what happened wasn't expected and I don't want you to feel like it was intentional on my part. I just got lost in the moment.." The blaring sound of the smoke detector interrupted them. Rai eyebrows creased and she turned her head towards Malik who sprinted out the bedroom door. After putting her jean dress back on and slipping on her sandals Rai made her way to the front of the house where there seemed to be a lot of commotion. She pulled her lips into her mouth and squeezed them. Trying not to laugh at the sight in front of her. The over door was wide open with clouds of black smoke pouring out while Malik fanned it with a dish cloth. Walking around the counter she opened up all the windows and door that led to the back porch. As Malik placed the burnt meat on the counter top she lost it and burst out laughing, bending over placing her hands on her thighs. Malik paused and looked at her confused "What's so funny?" He couldn't help the smile that was creeping on his face as he watched Rai cracking up. She couldn't even talk she was laughing so hard and pointing to the meet that was burnt to a crisp.

After Rai helped Malik get everything squared away in the kitchen she decided she was gonna go to her mom's

After Rai helped Malik get everything squared away in the kitchen she decided she was gonna go to her mom's. After giving her a tight hug Malik helped her onto her car. "You know your welcome any time." She started the car and grabbed her phone from the cup holder. Realizing it was dead she put it back and put the car in reverse. "Thank you Malik, for everything." Smiling her responded " Your very welcome." Chuckling nervously she pulled back and headed towards the expressway. Hopefully Lady was at home right, she did have a key to her house, but she wanted her company and needed to talk. She drove to her mom's without any music playing. Thinking about the mess that had become her life over the past few days. She was sure that Maurice tried to call her mom when he couldn't reach her, so Lady would want to know what had happened. How much of this was going to actually tell her? Not that she expected her to judge her or make her feel bad, because Lady was her unconditional cheerleader, but some details she just didn't reveal to anyone. Would what happened between her and Malik make their relationship different? Would he change the way he act towards her? Did he now expect them to be on different terms? Oh Lord, she was still trying to sort things out mentally with Maurice, now she had this to add to the mix.
She eagerly pulled into the driveway and parked behind her mom's blue equinox. This time she wouldn't forget her phone, grabbing it she headed to the door and rang the doorbell. "Coming" she heard her mother's voice and a smile formed on her face as the door slowly opened.