Back to the norm?!

"I know your hungry." I had been lying in the bed awake for the longest. How did he know I was woke? "Where we going?" I sat up in bed and rubbed my hands through my hair. Maurice chuckled and shook his head. "I cooked breakfast, come on." Grabbing his outstretched hand I allowed him to help me out the bed. I had one of his oversized tshirts on and a pair of boy shorts. Slipping my house shoes on I walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I grabbed his brush and a black elastic ponytail holder to tame my hair a bit. When I went to the bathroom I was spotting a little. Last night I noticed the same thing and Maurice made me promise to make an appointment with the Dr today. I wasn't really that worried because Simone was very active. When I made the bed I shook my head at the memories of early that morning. Maurice attempted to have "makeup" sex, that's when I told him that I had started spotting in the shower. He just ended up holding me and running his hands through my hair and rubbing my belly until I fell asleep.
When I walked into the kitchen he was talking on the phone and making my plate. I slid into the seat and took the pills that were sitting next to the bottle of water. They were my prenatal vitamins, iron tablets and two ibuprofen. Maurice placed the plate of pancakes, bacon, sliced strawberries and bananas in front of me my mouth watered and I almost dug in before saying my grace. He also brought a glass of water and orange juice before sitting with his own plate. I stopped for a moment and just stared at him. The last time he made me breakfast like this he had taken a "business trip" and I found a receipt from Victoria secret and he was always unable to talk on the phone more than five mins. Putting my elbows on the table I clasp my hands together and rested my chin on them. Come to think of it, every time he fucked up in some sort of way and I even hinted that I thought he was doing something we would argue, have crazy makeup sex and then I would get breakfast. Normally he woke me up early with his morning routine and I would make him breakfast and he would be out the door before 7:30.
"What? You didn't want pancakes?" I spread some butter on them and drowned them with syrup. "Nothing. It's fine, thank you." I loved how he made his pancakes, they were so fluffy. " I made you an appointment for this afternoon. Do you want me to just drive you to work so I can pick you up and take you? That way I can pick up your lunch so you won't have to leave work for more than an hour. You know...." He was going on and on about this appointment and I was sitting here trying to figure out did I really not give him my schedule. And taking me to an appointment?! He hasn't been since my first one. When I looked up from my plate he was staring at me expectantly. I had kinda zoned out so I didn't know what he was waiting on an answer for. "I'm off today." I grabbed the coffee mug and took a few sips. "You didn't tell me that." I nodded "Yeah, we really haven't been talking too much the past few days. I'm off for the next week. So, I mean you don't have to take me. I can drive myself to my appointment and you can handle whatever business you gotta take care of today. What time does she want me there?"
Maurice took a deep breath "I'm free as well today. I'm gonna take you, it's good were both free today we need to spend some time and talk. You've had time, now we communicate." Spend time and communicate huh? I thought. I mean it's not like he never spent time with me, but he was always so busy that it seemed like we had to schedule any time we had together outside of the late nights we stayed up enjoying each other's company. "So are we just gonna pretend the past couple days didn't just happen? And since when do you have time to go with me to the doctor?" I got up and grabbed the whipped cream out of the fridge and the cashews off the counter. "Oh so you wanna talk about how you stayed out with another man till almost four in the morning and when I asked you about it you lied? Or the disappearing act you pulled that I just brought you home from last night?" He said raising his eyebrows "Because I already told you my intentions were never to hurt you. I can apologize till I'm blue in the face, but you can't woman up and admit your part in this!" I added the cashews to my fruit and sprayed a small amount of whipped topping on it. "I told you what happened, that I was angry with you so I agreed to go eat breakfast without telling you and that was also the reason why I didn't answer the phone for those few hours. As for the "disappearing act" you claim I pulled, you can blame yourself for that!" Like I wasn't supposed to mention the psycho trip he trip. Smh..."So your not telling me what we need to discuss." He was sending a text on his phone and I couldn't help but to wonder if that was her. "I guess we're gonna overlook that, but you never told me your sudden interest in my doctor appointment." Standing up he took his plate to the garbage and scraped what was left of his food then put it in the sink and started dish water. "You sound stupid Raichelle. Just because I'm busy doesn't mean that I'm not interested in your appointments. Incase you missed what I said earlier because of your ass on your shoulders muffling the sound of reason, my day is clear so I have the time." I guess I should be happy because I always look at the other couples there and feel abandoned. Just then I got a text message and but my bottom lip. "I didn't say that you weren't concerned, it's just that you don't usually make time for this." I grabbed a napkin and wiped my hands before picking up my cell.

Mr DONTELLI: You end up in the doghouse last night? 🤔😬

I was shaking my head as I text back.

ME: Something is fishy. Trying to get to the bottom of it. To answer your question I think I have.

Looking over his shoulder he glared at me "Who is that?" Awww come on, really now! I thought as I threw my hands up in the air and shook my head to show my frustration. He been talking on the phone and texting all morning and not once do I ask who it is. If I do the "tit for tat" he gonna say I'm childish and tell me how I always deflect. "My boss" I said with a straight face and started eating my fruit again. It's not like I was lying. Although Carrie is the district manager for the pharmacy department, Malik was the head of the store.

MALIK: That bad huh? I didn't mean to start nothing 😒😔

ME: You good, I needed that time away to think anyway 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I got up to help him clean the kitchen, but I grabbed the edge of the table when I suddenly felt dizzy and felt a sharp pain. Before I knew it Maurice was in my face with his arms around my waist holding me. "You ok?!" The pain had gone as soon as it came, but I was still feeling the effects of the dizziness, I guess I just got up to fast. He pulled out his cellphone. "I'm calling to see if you can go in now, go get dressed. I'll clean up here and be up to check on you in a few minutes." Maurice kissed my forehead and gently pushed me towards the stairs patting my butt.
I had a quick shower, brushed my hair into a ponytail and threw on something comfortable. "You going like that? You must really not be feeling well." Smacking my teeth I went back into the walk in closet. I pulled out my favorite sundress, then I thought about it and started to hang it back up. "Ya, that'll do." I smacked my teeth and rolled my eyes, I shouldn't have picked it up in the first place. I didn't want to get all dressed up for him, I didn't feel like he deserved it at the moment. The top was an elastic halter and it was form fitting except for the stomach area that was made to puff up. I was going to put on my nude 4" hills, but he handed me a pair of flat sandals instead. "Maybe you should wear these today." Scrunching up my nose "Its not even that serious, I'll be ok in these Maurice.!" He just raised his eyebrow and kept his hand extended until I took the shoes. "You'll be comfortable in those all day." Shaking my head, I change and we head for the doctor.

When I walked up to the front desk the receptionist seemed to catch an instant attitude

When I walked up to the front desk the receptionist seemed to catch an instant attitude. "I have an appt....." Surprisingly Maurice stepped up and interrupted me "I've called and talked to Dr. Preston, she should be expecting me and my fiance Raichelle Smith" placing his arm around me, he pulled me into his embrace. That seemed to really make the woman upset. She looked me over, pursed her lips together and flared her nose before she used the desk top to push back the chair she was sitting in. Without saying anything she walked away and started collecting paperwork. I bunched my eyebrows together and looked up at Maurice "Yo that fat bit...." he put his finger over my lips to keep me from saying the word. "Watch your mouth!" I just shook my head.

🥰😍😘❤
Hey guys! Had a lot going on this week, but I was finally able to update and hopefully I can get back to uploading a chapter a day like I started off. Again.... thanks for reading and as always remember to like, share and vote!